Observing The Information And Communications Technologies Competition With The Time
AbstractThe paper analyzes the opportunity to estimate, at the moment of years passage, the contribution of information and communications technologies (ICT) to the challenging aspects of society evolution, which is presented as a competition with the time, as mankind have to face the fading of resources on Earth, among other factors which will determine the future. In the above context the paper presents the main challenges and their links with time, as the fast pace of the ICT evolution is strongly influencing the progress of Information Society (IS) toward the Knowledge Based Society (KBS), providing complex approaches, instruments and concepts for an optimal development of all activity fields. The paper analysis includes the ways these ICT new approaches tend to have a leveraging role in the IS processes, first including innovation and refined knowledge generation. Finally the paper shows how ICT network centric and cognitive approaches, including further implications of their products, services and principles in IS, represent long term and powerful instruments to optimize the resources management in the complex competition with the time, as time is measuring the fading of resources on Earth with a pace depending of our wisdom to define and implement the mankind stable â€œprogressâ€.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Romanian Distribution Committee in its journal Romanian Distribution Committee Magazine Volume 3 Issue 4.
Volume (Year): 3 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.distribution-magazine.eu
information/knowledge based society; information and communications technologies; alternative energy technologies; stable progress; and cognitive approaches.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L63 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Microelectronics; Computers; Communications Equipment
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- M15 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - IT Management
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- GREU, Victor, 2011. "Communications And It On The Long Way Of The Information Society Towards Knowledge Based Society," Romanian Distribution Committee Magazine, Romanian Distribution Committee, vol. 2(1), pages 28-34, June.
- GREU, Victor, 2012. "THE COGNITIVE APPROACHES OF THE COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES â€“ A LEVERAGE FOR THE PROGRESS OF KNOWLEDGE BASED SOCIETY Abstract: Coming soon," Romanian Distribution Committee Magazine, Romanian Distribution Committee, vol. 3(2), pages 10-16, 06.
- GREU, Victor, 2011. "Innovating the information â€“ A modern approach to improve the knowledge based systems," Romanian Distribution Committee Magazine, Romanian Distribution Committee, vol. 2(3), pages 07-12, September.
- GREU, Victor, 2011. "The Network Centric And Cloud - A New Paradigm For The Optimization Of The Technical And Human Information Systems," Romanian Distribution Committee Magazine, Romanian Distribution Committee, vol. 2(2), pages 48-54, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Theodor Valentin Purcarea).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.