Determinants of foreign direct investment ownership mode choice: Evidence from Nordic investments in Central and Eastern Europe
AbstractThis paper addresses the determinants of foreign direct investment (FDI) ownership mode choice of firms in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) based on three most important theoretical paradigms of IB studies i.e. transaction cost economics, resource based view and institutional theory. The empirical analysis of 720 FDIs made by the firms from all four Nordic countries in CEE region during 1990-2007 revealed that the probability WOS formation was increased by the high R&D intensity of the industry of the investment, low target country risk, large economic size and high economic growth in the target country. The further in-depth analysis revealed that for FDIs made during 1990s, product diversity; while for FDIs made during 2000s, international experience and strength of market conforming values in the target country became significant determinants of ownership mode choice for Nordic FDIs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its journal Journal for East European Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 18 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Journals, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany. A subscripton is required to access pdf files. Pay per article is available at
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- P30 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - General
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.