Retail internationalization and its impact on the Russian agri - food business
AbstractThe internationalization process of the retailing sector is still in its turbulent starting phase. The present process of retail internationalization has created new trends in the agri-food sector such as global sourcing and retail branding. The example of Metro Group Russia underlines this point. The introduction and implementation of supply chain management concepts affect Russian agri-food business. Therefore, the aim of our article is to analyze this development. We outline the internationalization process of the retail business,and then we elaborate on the structural changes. Second, we apply this knowledge to the Russian agri-food business. We also discuss the future prospects and outlook on further development of the Russian food sector in the context of retail internationalization.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its journal Journal for East European Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 13 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Pages: 239 - 252
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Journals, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany. A subscripton is required to access pdf files. Pay per article is available at
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- M20 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - General
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.