Kindleberger e le leggi dello sviluppo. Un commento alle "lezioni Mattioli" (1989)
AbstractThe article is part of the special issue of the journal on Charles P. Kindleberger (CPK). By reviewing CPKÕs works the authors investigates the analytical content of Kindleberger's historical contributions. In particular, KindlebergerÕs reformulation and development of Engel's law is analyzed, with attention to its consequences for the theory of economic development. The articles uses the mentioned law to discuss CPKÕs opinions on international trade, globalization, technical development. Next, the issues of financial speculation and the law of Gresham-Kindleberger are analyzed, jointly with the issues of underdevelopment and capital movements
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economia civile in its journal Moneta e Credito.
Volume (Year): 63 (2010)
Issue (Month): 251 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.economiacivile.it
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- B2 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- N01 - Economic History - - General - - - Development of the Discipline: Historiographical; Sources and Methods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.