Le prospettive demografiche, l' edilizia residenziale e i fattori finanziari:la proposta di un nuovo strumento finanziario, il MIpAIo
AbstractThe paper deals with financial and demographic factors influencing the Italian residential building sector during the next decades. In particular, it is shown that, due to the reduction of public pensions coverage, many elderly people will enjoy inadequate incomes. Housing partnership and reverse mortgages, i.e. the sale of an equity stake in the ownership of their house, on the one hand, and mortgages to be paid back with the proceedings of the sale of the house at the end of their life, on the other, are a possible solution to the problem. Equity stakes in the limited partnership property of residential buildings are shown to have been a part of efficient portfolios for risk-averse investors in Italian financial markets, during the last ten years. The use of the new financial instrument to cover expenses for residential buildings maintenance and/or public investment in the urban and art sectors is also proposed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economia civile in its journal Moneta e Credito.
Volume (Year): 54 (2001)
Issue (Month): 215 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.economiacivile.it
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- L74 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Construction
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.