Paying the Bill for Gulash-Communism
AbstractThe way of Hungarian economy, from a centralised economy to market economy, embodies some different aspects in comparison with other post-communistic countries. The goal of the text is to contribute to explanations of these aspects, their interactions and effects induced. The analysis starts with anti-communistic revolution in 1956, than follows with the time of reformation and increasing indebtedness of communistic government and furthers the winning of democracy and gradualist transformation after election 1990 until stabilisation in 1995. (The second part of text is in Politická ekonomie, 1997, č.3)
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal Politická ekonomie.
Volume (Year): 1997 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Postal: Redakce Politické ekonomie, Vysoká škola ekonomická, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3
Other versions of this item:
- Janos Kornai, 1996. "Paying the Bill for Goulash-Communism," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1748, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lindbeck, A., 1998.
"Swedish Lessons for Post-Socialist Countries,"
Research Institute of Industrial Economics Working Papers
498, Research Institute of Industrial Economics (IFN).
- Lindbeck, Assar, 1998. "Swedish Lessons for Post-Socialist Countries," Working Paper Series 498, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Lindbeck, Assar, 1998. "Swedish Lessons for Post-Socialist Countries," Seminar Papers 640, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Lindbeck, Assar, 1998. "Swedish Lessons for Post-Socialist Countries," Seminar Papers 645, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Lindbeck, A., 1998. "Swedish Lessons for Post-Socialist Countries," Papers 645, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.