Structural Determinants of the Total Loans Volume in the Czech Republic
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to analyze the structural determinants of the total loans volume in the Czech banking sector. Analysis of five selected characteristics is realized in period 2000-2008. It used the OLS regression analysis for estimate of model. The regression analysis showed that the concentration of the credit market and the profitability calculated as the return on assets (ROA) has positive impact to total loans and the quality of portfolio has negative impact to total loans. If the share of classified loans to total loans is decreasing, total loans volume is rising and if concentration ratio of the credit market and return of assets are rising, total loans volume is also rising.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal European Financial and Accounting Journal.
Volume (Year): 2010 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Postal: European Financial and Accounting Journal, University of Economics, Prague, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Prague 3, Czech Republic
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J.A. Bikker & K. Haaf, 2000. "Measures of competition and concentration in the banking industry: a review of the literature," Research Series Supervision (discontinued) 27, Netherlands Central Bank, Directorate Supervision.
- J.A. Bikker & K. Haaf, 2001.
"Competition, Concentration and their Relationship: an EmpiricalAnalysis of the Banking Industry,"
DNB Staff Reports (discontinued)
68, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Bikker, Jacob A. & Haaf, Katharina, 2002. "Competition, concentration and their relationship: An empirical analysis of the banking industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 2191-2214, November.
- J.A. Bikker & K. Haaf, 2000. "Competition, concentration and their relationship: an empirical analysis of the banking industry," Research Series Supervision (discontinued) 30, Netherlands Central Bank, Directorate Supervision.
- Gabriela Lopes de Castro & Carlos Santos, 2010. "Bank Interest Rates and Loan Determinants," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.