Impact of the Current Economic Crisis on the Institutional Layout of Global Economy
AbstractEven though the efforts to foster global economic governance have been a longstanding issue of global economic policies, their effectiveness has been questioned by the current crisis. The crisis has revealed many systemic issues that would require global solutions on the one hand, but on the other hand, these solutions are more difficult to achieve. Based on an analysis of basic systemic issues of global trade and finance, the aim of this paper is to explore whether the current crisis leads to fostering supranational features in global economic governance. The issue is first studied at the theoretical level the outcomes of which are subsequently applied to recent evolutions in global governance, which seems to be the most appropriate level to face global systemic issues. According to the authors, more supranational features should be reflected namely in a more effective and intensive coordination of macroeconomic policies of systemically important countries in order to keep the global economic system stable. In the conclusion, the authors try to make a specific recommendation for the eventuality that the hypothesis on stronger supranational coordination cannot be fully confirmed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal Acta Oeconomica Pragensia.
Volume (Year): 2010 (2010)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Postal: Redakce Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F59 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Truman, Edwin M., 1977. "The International Monetary System in Review," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(02), pages 461-465, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.