Adaptation and performance in foreign markets: evidence of systematic under-adaptation
AbstractPast empirical studies have yielded ‘no consistent relationship between strategy adaptation and firm performance’. These inconclusive results may be partially due to a bias amongt managers to under-adapt their host market strategies. This paper presents the results of the second stage of a longitudinal study identifying a potential status quo bias among exporters, leading to systematic under-adaptation. Journal of International Business Studies (2006) 37, 212–226. doi:10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8400189
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 37 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schmidt, Tobias & Sofka, Wolfgang, 2009. "Knowledge sourcing: legitimacy deficits for MNC subsidiaries?," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2009,09, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Schmidt, Tobias & Sofka, Wolfgang, 2009. "Liability of foreignness as a barrier to knowledge spillovers: Lost in translation?," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 460-474, December.
- Kaiser, Ulrich & Sofka, Wolfgang, 2006.
"The pulse of liability of foreignness: dynamic legitimacy and experiences effects in the German car market,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
06-70, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Ulrich Kaiser & Wolfgang Sofka, 2007. "The Pulse of Liability of Foreignness: Dynamic Legitimacy and Experience Effects in the German Car Market," CIE Discussion Papers 2007-01, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Dmitrovic, Tanja & Vida, Irena & Reardon, James, 2009. "Purchase behavior in favor of domestic products in the West Balkans," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 523-535, October.
- Schmid, Stefan & Kotulla, Thomas, 2011. "50 years of research on international standardization and adaptation--From a systematic literature analysis to a theoretical framework," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 491-507, October.
- Magnusson, Peter & Baack, Daniel W. & Zdravkovic, Srdan & Staub, Karin M. & Amine, Lyn S., 2008. "Meta-analysis of cultural differences: Another slice at the apple," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 520-532, October.
- Schmiele, Anja & Sofka, Wolfgang, 2007. "Internationalizing R&D Co-opetition: Dress for the Dance with the Devil," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-045, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Martin-Tapia, Inmaculada & Aragon-Correa, Juan Alberto & Senise-Barrio, Maria Eugenia, 2008. "Being green and export intensity of SMEs: The moderating influence of perceived uncertainty," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 56-67, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.