The DAX and the Dollar: The Economic Exchange Rate Exposure of German Corporations
AbstractThis paper examines the economic exposure of German corporations to changes in the DM/US-dollar exchange-rate. Our work contributes to the existing body of literature in the following ways. Firstly, we point out conceptual problems of previous attempts to estimate economic exposure. Secondly, we find that German firms are significantly exposed to changes in the DM/US-dollar rate. However, our results are unstable over time.© 2000 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (2000) 31, 715–724
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 31 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Entorf & Jamin, 2005.
"German Exchange Rate Exposure at DAX and Aggregate Level, International Trade, and the Role of Exchange Rate Adjustment Costs,"
- Horst Entorf & Gösta Jamin, 2007. "German Exchange Rate Exposure at DAX and Aggregate Levels, International Trade and the Role of Exchange Rate Adjustment Costs," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8, pages 344-374, 08.
- Entorf, Horst & Jamin, Gösta, 2003. "German Exchange Rate Exposure at DAX and Aggregate Level, International Trade, and the Role of Exchange Rate Adjustment Costs," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 20147, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Jamin, Gösta & Entorf, Horst, 2004. "German Exchange Rate Exposure at DAX and Aggregate Level, International Trade, and the Role of Exchange Rate Adjustment Costs," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-03, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Rashid, Abdul, 2009.
"The Economic Exchange Rate Exposure: Evidence for a Small Open Economy,"
21500, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdul Rashid, 2010. "The Economic Exchange Rate Exposure: Evidence for a Small Open Economy," The IUP Journal of Monetary Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(4), pages 46-58, November.
- Chortareas, Georgios & Cipollini, Andrea & Eissa, Mohamed Abdelaziz, 2012. "Switching to floating exchange rates, devaluations, and stock returns in MENA countries," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 119-127.
- Koutmos, Gregory & Martin, Anna D., 2007. "Modeling time variation and asymmetry in foreign exchange exposure," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 61-74, February.
- Uluc Aysun & Melanie Guldi, 2009.
"Exchange rate exposure: A nonparametric approach,"
2009-18, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Bartram, Sohnke M., 2004.
"Linear and nonlinear foreign exchange rate exposures of German nonfinancial corporations,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 673-699, June.
- Sohnke M. Bartram, 2002. "Linear and Nonlinear Foreign Exchange Rate Exposures of German Nonfinancial Corporations," Finance 0207001, EconWPA.
- repec:ner:leuven:urn:hdl:123456789/120985 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bartram, Söhnke M. & Burns, Natasha & Helwege, Jean, 2007. "Foreign Currency Exposure and Hedging: Evidence from Foreign Acquisitions," MPRA Paper 10122, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 21 Aug 2008.
- Horobet, Alexandra & Ilie, Livia, 2007. "On the dynamic link between stock prices and exchange rates: evidence from Romania," MPRA Paper 6429, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mario Marazzi & Nathan Sheets & Robert J. Vigfusson & Jon Faust & Joseph Gagnon & Jaime Marquez & Robert F. Martin & Trevor Reeve & John Rogers, 2005. "Exchange rate pass-through to U.S. import prices: some new evidence," International Finance Discussion Papers 833, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Muller, Aline & Verschoor, Willem F.C., 2006. "Foreign exchange risk exposure: Survey and suggestions," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 385-410, October.
- repec:ner:leuven:urn:hdl:123456789/341158 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hutson, Elaine & O'Driscoll, Anthony, 2010. "Firm-level exchange rate exposure in the Eurozone," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 468-478, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.