Sustaining Satisfactory Joint Venture Relationships: The Role of Conflict Resolution Strategy
AbstractThe paper presents a conceptual framework that links international joint venture context (cultural similarity, relative power, and relationship age) and partners′ conflict resolution strategies to satisfaction. Special attention is paid to the mediation effect of conflict resolution behavior on the linkage from context to satisfaction. The framework is assessed empirically using a sample of U.S. and Chinese joint venture managers in China.© 1998 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (1998) 29, 179–196
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 29 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Zoogah & Mike Peng, 2011. "What determines the performance of strategic alliance managers? Two lens model studies," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 483-508, September.
- Jing Yang & Frank Tipton & Jiatao Li, 2011. "A review of foreign business management in China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 627-659, September.
- Li, Peng-Yu & Meyer, Klaus E., 2009. "Contextualizing experience effects in international business: A study of ownership strategies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 370-382, October.
- Olk, Paul & Ariño, Africa, 2003. "Testing Assumptions about Evaluating Strategic Alliance Performance," IESE Research Papers D/529, IESE Business School.
- Ng, Paul Wai-Kit & Lau, Chung-Ming & Nyaw, Mee-Kau, 2007. "The effect of trust on international joint venture performance in China," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 430-448, December.
- White, George O. & Hadjimarcou, John & Fainshmidt, Stav & Posthuma, Richard A., 2013. "MNE home country cultural norms and conflict strategy fit in transnational business contract disputes," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 554-567.
- Rebecca Guidice & Neal Mero, 2007. "Governing joint ventures: tension among principals’ dominant logic on human motivation and behavior," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 261-283, September.
- Kwon, Yung-Chul, 2008. "Antecedents and consequences of international joint venture partnerships: A social exchange perspective," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 559-573, October.
- Yeheskel, Orly & Zeira, Yoram & Shenkar, Oded & Newburry, William, 2001. "Parent company dissimilarity and equity international joint venture effectiveness," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 81-104.
- Newburry, William & Zeira, Yoram & Yeheskel, Orly, 2003. "Autonomy and effectiveness of equity international joint ventures (IJVs) in China," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 395-419, August.
- Lui, Steven S. & Ngo, Hang-yue & Hon, Alice H.Y., 2006. "Coercive strategy in interfirm cooperation: Mediating roles of interpersonal and interorganizational trust," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 466-474, April.
- Ariño, Africa & Torre, Jose de la & Doz, Yves & Ring, Peter S. & Lorenzoni, Gianni, 1999. "Process issues in alliance management: A panel discussion," IESE Research Papers D/403, IESE Business School.
- Lumineau, Fabrice & Malhotra, Deepak, 2011. "Shadow of the contract: how contract structure shapes inter-firm dispute resolution," MPRA Paper 38359, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shaomin Li & Kiran Karande & Dongsheng Zhou, 2009. "The Effect of the Governance Environment on Marketing Channel Behaviors: The Diamond Industries in the U.S., China, and Hong Kong," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 88(3), pages 453-471, October.
- Nemeth, Alexander, 2012. "A framework of international joint ventures exit: A resource dependence and learning perspective," Freiberg Working Papers 2012,02, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Zhe Zhang & Ming Jia & Difang Wan, 2012. "When does a partner’s reputation impact cooperation effects in partnerships?," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 547-571, September.
- Fariborz Damanpour & Carlos Devece & Chao Chen & Vijay Pothukuchi, 2012. "Organizational culture and partner interaction in the management of international joint ventures in India," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 453-478, June.
- Zheng Xiaosong & Zhang Jinming, 2011. "Factors Influencing International Joint Venture Performance in China," Annals - Economic and Administrative Series -, Faculty of Business and Administration, University of Bucharest, vol. 5(1), pages 167-184, December.
- Lin, Xiaohua & Wang, Cheng Lu, 2008. "Enforcement and performance: The role of ownership, legalism and trust in international joint ventures," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 340-351, July.
- Krishnan, Balaji C., 2006. "Towards intellectual globalization: A theoretical exploration and its implications for research," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 196-207, June.
- Blanchot, Fabien, 2006. "Alliances et performances : un essai de synthèse," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2221, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.