Multinational Enterprises and Public Policy
AbstractThe interaction between governments and multinational enterprises is analyzed using a new conceptual framework. This captures the key aspects of Richard Caves′ “normative” and “behavioral” approaches to the literature, but also develops a more contemporary “strategic” approach. Our framework uses insights from the resource-based theory of the firm to analyze managerial aspects of multinational enterprises and public policy neglected by Caves. In particular, we incorporate strategies of national responsiveness.© 1998 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (1998) 29, 115–136
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 29 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huang, Yasheng, 2005. "Are Foreign Firms Privileged By Their Host Governments? Evidence From The 2000 World Business Environment Survey," Working papers 4538-04, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Eden, Lorraine & Molot, Maureen Appel, 2002. "Insiders, outsiders and host country bargains," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 359-388.
- Lawton, Thomas C. & McGuire, Steven M., 2001. "Supranational governance and corporate strategy: the emerging role of the World Trade Organization," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 217-233, April.
- Luo, Yadong, 2004. "A coopetition perspective of MNC-host government relations," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 431-451.
- Andrei Panibratov & Cyril Verba, 2011. "Russian Banking Sector: Key Points of International Expansion," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 2(1).
- Wolfgang Sofka & Joerg Zimmermann, 2005.
"There is no Place Like Home: A Strategic Framework to Overcome Liability of Foreignness in the German Car Market,"
- Sofka, Wolfgang & Zimmermann, Jörg, 2005. "There's no Place Like Home: A Strategic Framework to Overcome Liability of Foreignness in the German Car Market," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-84, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Wolfgang Sofka, 2005.
"Global Idea Sourcing - An empirical investigation into the mechanisms behind the usage of foreign business sources for innovation,"
- Sofka, Wolfgang, 2005. "Global Idea Sourcing: An Empirical Investigation into the Mechanisms Behind the Usage of Foreign Business Sources for Innovation," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-53, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Alan M Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2004.
"A perspective on regional and global strategies of multinational enterprises,"
Journal of International Business Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(1), pages 3-18, January.
- Alan M. Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2004. "A Perspective on Regional and Global Strategies of Multinational Enterprises," Working Papers 2004-19, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Sadowski, B.M. & Beers van, C., 2002. "The Innovation Performance of Foreign Affiliates: Evidence from Dutch Manufacturing Firms," Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS) working paper series 02.17, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS).
- Harveston, Paula D. & Kedia, Ben L. & Francis, John D., 1999. "MNE's dependence on foreign operations and performance: a study of MNEs from the "Triad" regions," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 293-307, August.
- Nielsen, Christine, 2005. "Competition within the U.S. National Security Regime: A study of the U.S. Aerospace Defense Sector," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 497-517, December.
- Dunning, John H., 2000. "The eclectic paradigm as an envelope for economic and business theories of MNE activity," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 163-190, April.
- Alan M. Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2005. "Towards a Theory of Regional Multinationals: A Transaction Cost Economics Approach," Working Papers 2005-04, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Luo, Yadong & Xue, Qiuzhi & Han, Binjie, 2010. "How emerging market governments promote outward FDI: Experience from China," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 68-79, January.
- Christian Bellak, 1999. "Explaining Foreign Ownership By Comparative and Competitive Advantage: Empirical Evidence," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp062, Vienna University of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Robert Pearce, 2001. "Multinationals and Industrialisation: The Bases of 'Inward Investment' Policy," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 51-73.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.