Multinationals and the Developing Countries
AbstractIN: Multinational Enterprise and Economic Analysis Caves provides a summary of economic research on multinationals and developing countries. Yet, for policy makers major questions remain unanswered. The gaps can be grouped into four categories: the impact of the widespread change in development strategies on multinationals, the net impact of foreign direct investment on host countries, the causes of declining tensions between developing countries and foreign investors, and links between our economic knowledge and the decisions that face private and government managers.© 1998 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (1998) 29, 101–114
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 29 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Randøy, Trond & Stonehill, Arthur, 2001.
"On the Treatment of Finance-Specific Factors Within the OLI Paradigm,"
Working Paper Series
554, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Randøy, Trond & Stonehill, Arthur, 2001. "On the treatment of finance-specific factors within the OLI paradigm," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 381-398, August.
- Oetzel, Jennifer, 2005. "Smaller may be beautiful but is it more risky? Assessing and managing political and economic risk in Costa Rica," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 765-790, December.
- Oetzel, Jennifer & Doh, Jonathan P., 2009. "MNEs and development: a review and reconceptualization," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 108-120, April.
- Lee, Jaeho & Slater, Jim, 2007. "Dynamic capabilities, entrepreneurial rent-seeking and the investment development path: The case of Samsung," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 241-257, September.
- Ron Berger & Chong Choi & Jai Kim, 2011. "Responsible Leadership for Multinational Enterprises in Bottom of Pyramid Countries: The Knowledge of Local Managers," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 101(4), pages 553-561, July.
- Garg, Miti & Delios, Andrew, 2007. "Survival of the foreign subsidiaries of TMNCs: The influence of business group affiliation," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 278-295, September.
- Chen, Dong & Newburry, William & Park, Seung Ho, 2009. "Improving sustainability: An international evolutionary framework," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 317-327, September.
- Wang, Danny T. & Gu, Flora F. & Tse, David K. & Yim, Chi Kin (Bennett), 2013. "When does FDI matter? The roles of local institutions and ethnic origins of FDI," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 450-465.
- Cheriet, F., 2010. "Internationalisation et nouvelles implantations des firmes multinationales : le processus séquentiel du modèle d'Uppsala est-il toujours d'actualité ?," Working Papers MOISA 201005, UMR MOISA : Marchés, Organisations, Institutions et Stratégies d'Acteurs : CIHEAM-IAMM, CIRAD, INRA, Montpellier SupAgro, IRD - Montpellier, France.
- Cavaliere, Christianne & Larsen, Erik R. & Dyner, Isaac, 2007. "The privatization of EEB: From cash drain to major contributor," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1884-1895, March.
- Isabel Álvarez & Celia Torrecillas, . "What does it matter about the home countries of emerging multinationals?," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp434, IIIS.
- Cuervo-Cazurra, Alvaro, 2008. "The multinationalization of developing country MNEs: The case of multilatinas," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 138-154, June.
- Dimitratos, Pavlos & Liouka, Ioanna & Young, Stephen, 2009. "Regional location of multinational corporation subsidiaries and economic development contribution: Evidence from the UK," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 180-191, April.
- Danskin, Paula & Dibrell, Clay & Kedia, Ben L., 2005. "The evolving role of cooperation among multinational corporations and indigenous organizations in transition economies: A migration away from confrontation," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 223-234, August.
- Merchant, Hemant, 2005. "The structure-performance relationship in international joint ventures: a comparative analysis," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 41-56, February.
- Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda, 2006. "The drivers of evolution/upgrading in Mexico's maquiladoras: How important is subsidiary initiative?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 233-246, September.
- Cuervo-Cazurra, Alvaro, 2007. "Sequence of value-added activities in the multinationalization of developing country firms," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 258-277, September.
- Oetzel, Jennifer M. & Banerjee, Sudeshna Ghosh, 2008. "A case of the tortoise versus the hare? Deregulation process, timing, and firm performance in emerging markets," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 54-77, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.