Exporting: Does Sales Volume Make a Difference?
AbstractThis research examines the effect that the size of a firm has on export activities, perceived problems in exporting, and attitudes toward exporting. The results indicate that broad generalizations concerning the size of firms and exporting appear to be inappropriate.© 1983 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (1983) 14, 147–153
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 14 (1983)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mittelstaedt, John D. & Ward, William A., 2003. "Location, Firm Size and International Trade: Simultaneous Measurement of the Effects of Internal and External Scale Economies on Exporting," Working Papers 112951, Clemson University, Center for International Trade.
- Axinn, Catherine N. & Savitt, Ron & Sinkula, James M. & Thach, Sharon V., 1995. "Export intention, beliefs, and behaviors in smaller industrial firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 49-55, January.
- Bodenman, John E. & Smith, Stephen M. & Jones, Stephen B., 1994. "Out-Of-State Exports Of Hardwood Manufacturing Industries In The Norhern And Central Applalachian States," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 23(2), October.
- Javalgi, Rajshekhar G. & Lawson, Diana & Gross, Andrew C. & White, D. Steven, 1998. "Firm characteristics and export propensity: a comparison of manufacturers and manufacturing-based service providers," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 521-534, October.
- Freixanet, Joan, 2012. "Export promotion programs: Their impact on companies’ internationalization performance and competitiveness," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1065-1086.
- Carneiro, Jorge & da Silva, Jorge Ferreira & da Rocha, Angela, 2011. "Strategic profiles of Brazilian exporters and performance implications," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 250-257, March.
- Dosoglu-Guner, Berrin, 2001. "Can organizational behavior explain the export intention of firms? The effects of organizational culture and ownership type," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 71-89, February.
- Griffith, David A., 2011. "Insights into gaining access to export financing: Understanding export lenders' ideal exporter profile," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 84-92, January.
- Serra, Francisco & Pointon, John & Abdou, Hussein, 2012. "Factors influencing the propensity to export: A study of UK and Portuguese textile firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 210-224.
- Bell, Jim, 1997. "A comparative study of the export problems of small computer software exporters in Finland, Ireland and Norway," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 585-604, December.
- Nassimbeni, Guido, 2001. "Technology, innovation capacity, and the export attitude of small manufacturing firms: a logit/tobit model," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 245-262, February.
- Pla-Barber, José & Alegre, Joaquín, 2007. "Analysing the link between export intensity, innovation and firm size in a science-based industry," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 275-293, June.
- Sara Urionabarrenetxea & Arturo Rodríguez Castellanos, 2010. "Decisive factors in company financial internationalization: an empirical study," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(1), pages 22-43, January.
- Streeter, Deborah H. & Bills, Nelson L., 1998. "Information Strategies For Agricultural Exporters," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 1(01).
- Wilkinson, Timothy & Brouthers, Lance Eliot, 2006. "Trade promotion and SME export performance," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 233-252, June.
- Mario Bourgault & Élisabeth Lefebvre & Louis A. Lefebvre, 1994. "Performance à l'exportation et innovation technologique dans les PME manufacturières indépendantes," CIRANO Working Papers 94s-02, CIRANO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.