Proposals for Privatization in Eastern Europe
AbstractSeveral proposals for a wholesale privatization of public enterprises in Eastern Europe are discussed. These proposals include the distribution of "vouchers" to private citizens, as well as the use of mutual funds, privatization companies, and other forms of financial intermediaries. The paper analyzes the implications for economic efficiency of the different forms of ownership and control that would emerge from the proposals, as well as their main macroeconomic consequences.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Staff Papers - International Monetary Fund.
Volume (Year): 38 (1991)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- P21 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Planning, Coordination, and Reform
- P50 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Blangiewicz, Maria & Charemza, Wojciech W., 2001. "East European economic reform: Some simulations on a structural VAR model," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 147-160, February.
- Schmidt,Klaus & Schnitzer,Monika, 1992.
"Privatization and management incentives in the transition period in Eastern Europe,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
374, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Schmidt Klaus M. & Schnitzer Monika, 1993. "Privatization and Management Incentives in the Transition Period in Eastern Europe," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 264-287, June.
- Schmidt, K.M. & Schnitzer, M., 1992. "Privatization and Management Incentives in the Transition Period in Eastern Europe," Working papers 92-17, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Edgar L. Feige, 2003. "The Transition to a Market Economy in Russia: Property Rights, Mass Privatization and Stabilization," Development and Comp Systems 0312001, EconWPA.
- Blangiewicz, Maria & Charemza, Wojciech W., 1999. "East European Economic Reform: Some Simulations on a Structural Vector Autoregressive Model," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 535-557, September.
- Schmidt, Klaus M. & Schnitzer, Monika, 1993. "Privatization and Management Incentives in the Transition Period in Eastern Europe," Munich Reprints in Economics 3400, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Schmidt, Klaus M. & Schnitzer, Monika, 1993. "Privatization and Management Incentives in the Transition Period in Eastern Europe," Munich Reprints in Economics 3109, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.