Income Distribution in a Stock-Flow Consistent Model with Education and Technological Change
AbstractWe model a macroeconomy with stock-flow consistent national accounts built from the local interactions of heterogenous agents (households, firms, bankers, and a government) through product, labor, and money markets in discrete time. We use this model to show that, without any restrictions on the type of interactions agents can make, and with asymmetric information on the part of firms and households in this economy, power-law dynamics with respect to firm size and firm age, income distribution, skill set choice, returns to innovation, and earnings can emerge from multiplicative processes originating in the labor market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Eastern Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 37 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Riccetti, Luca & Russo, Alberto & Mauro, Gallegati, 2013. "Financial Regulation in an Agent Based Macroeconomic Model," MPRA Paper 51013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Riccetti, Luca & Russo, Alberto & Gallegati, Mauro, 2013. "Unemployment benefits and financial factors in an agent-based macroeconomic model," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-9, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Alessandro Caiani & Antoine Godin & Stefano Lucarelli, 2012. "Innovation and Finance: An SFC Analysis of Great Surges of Development," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_733, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Riccetti, Luca & Russo, Alberto & Gallegati, Mauro, 2012. "An Agent Based Decentralized Matching Macroeconomic Model," MPRA Paper 42211, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tommaso Ciarli & Andre' Lorentz & Maria Savona & Marco Valente, 2012. "The role of technology, organisation, and demand in growth and income distribution," LEM Papers Series 2012/06, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Eugenio Caverzasi & Antoine Godin, 2013. "Stock-flow Consistent Modeling through the Ages," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_745, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Antoine Godin, 2012. "Guaranteed Green Jobs: Sustainable Full Employment," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_722, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Stephen Kinsella, 2011. "Words to the Wise: Stock Flow Consistent Modeling of Financial Instability," INET Research Notes 19, Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.