A Geographical Decomposition of Intercountry Income Inequality
AbstractWe analyze the evolution of intercountry income inequality and its decomposition between and within four geographical clusters and their fifteen regions from 1960 to 1990 by applying the income-weighted entropy measure. Our analysis assesses the contribution of income inequality within and between the geographical clusters and their regions to three global trends: strong divergence between 1960 and 1968, slow convergence between 1969 and 1983, and stagnation between 1984 and 1990.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Comparative Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 37 (1995)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hubbell, Bryan J. & Welsh, Rick, 1998. "An Examination Of Trends In Geographic Concentration In U.S. Hog Production, 1974-96," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(02), December.
- Sergio J. Rey, 2001. "Spatial Analysis of Regional Income Inequality," Urban/Regional 0110002, EconWPA.
- Chowdhury, Khorshed & Mallik, Girijasankar, 2007. "SPair-Wise Output Convergence in East Asia and the Pacific: An Application of Stochastic Unit Root Test," Economics Working Papers wp07-07, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Chowdhury, K, 2005. "What´s Happening to Per Capita Gdp in the ASEAN Countries?. An Analysis of Convergence, 1960-2001," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 5(3).
- Chowdhury, Khorshed, 2004. "Convergence of Per Capita GDP Across SAARC Countries," Economics Working Papers wp04-07, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.