The Impact of the Arab Media on the Economy
AbstractBefore the war in Afghanistan in 2001, the Arab media was almost unknown for the countries outside the Middle East. Media is probably one of the most important weapons of the governments in order to manipulate and to mobilize people and due to this fact it can have a major influence on the global economy. The development of the Arab media can be divided into 3 historical stages: the colonial phase, when the Arabic media was created due to Napoleon, the post-colonial phase, which tried to use media in order to shape national transformation and independence and it was mainly influenced by loyalists, and the 1990s phase, when the first transnational satellite media emerged. Media itself can be defined as a battle zone. This paper has the aim to present the Arab media in brief, to show its relations with other international media and to present its influence on the media industry and economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Ovidius University of Constantza, Faculty of Economic Sciences in its journal Ovidius University Annals, Economic Sciences Series.
Volume (Year): XI (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.univ-ovidius.ro/facultatea-de-stiinte-economice
More information through EDIRC
Arab media; history; transformation; industry;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- F52 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - National Security; Economic Nationalism
- F53 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
- F59 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - Other
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeflea Victor).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.