Economic and Social Cohesion, Determinant of Human Development
AbstractEconomic and social cohesion has been addressed in the official documents concerning the welfare of European citizens: the Treaty of Rome (1958), Single European Act (1986), Lisbon European Council (2000), Treaty of Nice (2001), Renewed Sustainable Development (2006), Treaty of Lisbon (2007). The concept was discussed as a determinant of human development and therefore sustainable development. This article deals with social evolution "tools" for measuring: Human Development Index, calculated for the first time in 1990 and the Human Poverty Index, calculated by ONU. Also, there is presented the comparision of HDI for Romania and other European countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Ovidius University of Constantza, Faculty of Economic Sciences in its journal Ovidius University Annals, Economic Sciences Series.
Volume (Year): XII (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.univ-ovidius.ro/facultatea-de-stiinte-economice
More information through EDIRC
human development; social cohesion; sustainable development; human development index;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- I15 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Economic Development
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- J - Labor and Demographic Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeflea Victor).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.