Bond Liquidity Premia
AbstractTheory predicts that funding conditions faced by financial intermediaries are an important limit to arbitrage. We identify and measure the value of funding liquidity from the cross-section of Treasury securities. To validate our interpretation, we establish linkages with funding conditions in the repo market, the shadow banking sector, and the overall economy. Looking at asset pricing implications, we find that increases in funding liquidity predict lower risk premia for all Treasury securities but higher risk premia on LIBOR loans, swap contracts, and corporate bonds. The impact of funding conditions on interest rates is large and pervasive throughout crises and normal times. The Author 2011. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of The Society for Financial Studies. All rights reserved. For Permissions, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org., Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Financial Studies in its journal Review of Financial Studies.
Volume (Year): 25 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Journals Department, 2001 Evans Road, Cary, NC 27513 USA.
Web page: http://www.rfs.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- H12 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Crisis Management
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schuster, Philipp & Trapp, Monika & Uhrig-Homburg, Marliese, 2013. "A heterogeneous agents equilibrium model for the term structure of bond market liquidity," CFR Working Papers 13-05, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Alain Monfort & Jean-Paul Renne, 2010.
"Default, Liquidity and Crises : An Econometric Framework,"
2010-46, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Alain Monfort & Jean-Paul Renne, 2013. "Default, Liquidity, and Crises: an Econometric Framework," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 11(2), pages 221-262, March.
- Monfort, A. & Renne, J-P., 2011. "Default, liquidity and crises: an econometric framework," Working papers 340, Banque de France.
- Marco Taboga, 2013. "What is a prime bank? A Euribor – OIS spread perspective," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 895, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Aytek Malkhozov & Philippe Mueller & Andrea Vedolin & Gyuri Venter, 2013. "Mortgage Hedging in Fixed Income Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp722, Financial Markets Group.
- Carolin E. Pflueger & Luis M. Viceira, 2011.
"Return Predictability in the Treasury Market: Real Rates, Inflation, and Liquidity,"
NBER Working Papers
16892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carolin E. Pflueger & Luis M. Viceira, 2011. "Return Predictability in the Treasury Market: Real Rates, Inflation, and Liquidity," Harvard Business School Working Papers 11-094, Harvard Business School, revised Sep 2013.
- D'Amico, Stefania & Fan, Roger & Kitzul, Yuriy, 2013. "The Scarcity Value of Treasury Collateral: Repo Market Effects of Security-Specific Supply and Demand Factors," Working Paper Series WP-2013-22, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Kees E. Bouwman & Elvira Sojli & Wing Wah Tham, 2012. "Aggregate Stock Market Illiquidity and Bond Risk Premia," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-140/IV/DSF46, Tinbergen Institute.
- Alain Monfort & Jean-Paul Renne, 2011.
"Credit and Liquidity Risks in Euro-area Sovereign Yield Curves,"
2011-26, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Monfort, A. & Renne, J-P., 2011. "Credit and liquidity risks in euro area sovereign yield curves," Working papers 352, Banque de France.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2012140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dahlquist, Magnus & Hasseltoft, Henrik, 2013. "International Bond Risk Premia," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 17-32.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.