New Findings on Firm Investment and Monetary Transmission in the Euro Area
AbstractIn this paper we present comparative results on the determinants of firms' investment and their link to monetary policy. The results have been obtained by the Eurosystem Monetary Transmission Network. This network has produced a series of papers in which the use of micro data permits estimating and quantifying the relevance of two channels of monetary policy transmission: the interest-rate and the broad-credit channels. The research findings provide evidence of an operative interest-rate channel in all countries examined. Moreover, the results indicate that variables which proxy firms' financial conditions play a role. Firms characterized by weaker balance sheets show higher liquidity sensitivity. Copyright 2003, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Oxford Review of Economic Policy.
Volume (Year): 19 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://oxrep.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ratti, Ronald A. & Lee, Sunglyong & Seol, Youn, 2008. "Bank concentration and financial constraints on firm-level investment in Europe," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2684-2694, December.
- von Kalckreuth, Ulf & Murphy, Emma, 2005.
"Financial constraints and capacity adjustment in the United Kingdom: Evidence from a large panel of survey data,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies
2005,01, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Ulf von Kalckreuth & Emma Murphy, 2005. "Financial constraints and capacity adjustment in the United Kingdom: evidence from a large panel of survey data," Bank of England working papers 260, Bank of England.
- Paul Mizen & Cihan Yalcin, 2006.
"Monetary Policy, Corporate Financial Composition and Real Activity,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 52(1), pages 177-213, March.
- Paul Mizen & Cihan Yalcin, 2006. "Monetary Policy, Corporate Financial Composition and Real Activity," Working Papers 0601, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- I. Arnold & C.J.M. Kool & K. Raabe, 2011. "Industry Effects of Bank Lending in Germany," Working Papers 11-21, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Hendricks, Torben W. & Kempa, Bernd, 2009. "The credit channel in U.S. economic history," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 58-68.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00586690 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leo De Haan & Elmer Sterken, 2006.
"The impact of monetary policy on the financing behaviour of firms in the Euro area and the UK,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(5), pages 401-420.
- Haan, Leo de & Sterken, Elmer, 2002. "Corporate governance, relationship lending and monetary lending monetary policy: firm-level evidence for the Euro area," CCSO Working Papers 200212, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- L. de Haan & E. Sterken, 2002. "Corporate Governance, Relationship Lending and Monetary Policy: Firm-Level Evidence for the Euro Area," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 708, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- L. de Haan & E. Sterken, 2000. "Capital Structure, Corporate Goverance, and Monetary Policy: Firm-Level Evidence for the Euro Area," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 637, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Gianni La Cava, 2005. "Financial Constraints, the User Cost of Capital and Corporate Investment in Australia," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2005-12, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Akarım, Yasemin Deniz, 2013. "The impact of financial factors on export decisions: The evidence from Turkey," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 305-308.
- Greenaway, David & Guariglia, Alessandra & Kneller, Richard, 2007. "Financial factors and exporting decisions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 377-395, November.
- Guariglia, Alessandra & Robert E Carpenter, 2003.
"Cash flow, investment, and investment opportunities: New tests using UK panel data,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003
94, Royal Economic Society.
- Carpenter, Robert E. & Guariglia, Alessandra, 2008. "Cash flow, investment, and investment opportunities: New tests using UK panel data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1894-1906, September.
- Alessandra Guariglia, .
"Internal financial constraints, external financial constraints, and investment choice: Evidence from a panel of UK firms,"
07/03, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Guariglia, Alessandra, 2008. "Internal financial constraints, external financial constraints, and investment choice: Evidence from a panel of UK firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1795-1809, September.
- Abdul Karim, Zulkefly, 2010. "Monetary policy and firms’ investment: Dynamic panel data evidence from Malaysia," MPRA Paper 23962, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 May 2010.
- Walch, Florian & Dwenger, Nadja, 2011. "Tax Losses and Firm Investment: Evidence from Tax Statistics," Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 48699, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.