Special economic zones and quotas on imported intermediate goods: a policy proposal
AbstractA novel, very general and global approach to the analysis of the welfare effects of the establishment of special economic zones in a small open economy with tariffs on trade in final goods and binding quotas on the imports of intermediate goods is developed. It is proven that there generally exist allocations of binding quotas to the domestic and special economic zones which improve welfare. Then it is shown that the abolition of the quotas on imports into the special economic zone may reduce welfare. Finally the welfare effects of abolishing the quotas also in the domestic zone are analysed. Copyright 2003, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Oxford Economic Papers.
Volume (Year): 55 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://oep.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yasuyuki Sugiyama, 2006. "Export Processing Zones and Environmental Policy," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 06-22, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2007:i:20:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.