Dynamic Modelling of Innovation Process Adoption with Risk Aversion and Learning
AbstractThis paper presents a model that incorporates dynamic factors of how firms decide on the adoption of an innovation process. Two factors in particular are considered: learning by using and expectations about future prices of the innovation. The firm's diffusion path is derived from a dynamic optimization task allowing for the decisionmakers to be risk averse. The paper investigates the effects of risk aversion, learning, and firm size. Various properties of the model are illustrated numerically. Copyright 1990 by Royal Economic Society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Oxford Economic Papers.
Volume (Year): 42 (1990)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://oep.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Giorgio Rampa, 2010.
"Monopolistic competition and new products: a conjectural equilibrium approach,"
Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination,
Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 55-76, June.
- Bogliacino, F & Rampa, G, 2009. "Monopolistic Competition and New Products: A Conjectural Equilibrium Approach," MPRA Paper 15120, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Llewellyn, Rick S. & Lindner, Robert K. & Pannell, David J. & Powles, Stephen B., 2003. "Effective information and the influence of an extension event on perceptions and adoption," 2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia 57911, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Abadi Ghadim, Amir K. & Pannell, David J., 1999. "A conceptual framework of adoption of an agricultural innovation," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 145-154, October.
- Lücke, Matthias, 1992. "Technischer Fortschritt und die Arbeitsteilung zwischen Industrie- und Entwicklungsländern : eine empirische Analyse," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 758, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Floridi, Matteo & Bartolini, Fabio & Peerlings, Jack & Polman, Nico & Viaggi, Davide, 2013. "Modelling the adoption of automatic milking systems in Noord-Holland," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), issue 1, April.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Giorgio Rampa, 2009.
"Quality Risk Aversion, Conjectures, and New Product Diffusion,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI_RP_2009_27, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Giorgio Rampa, 2012. "Quality risk aversion, conjectures, and new product diffusion," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 22(5), pages 1081-1115, November.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Giorgio Rampa, 2009. "Quality Risk Aversion, Conjectures, and New Product Diffusion," Quaderni di Dipartimento 092, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Marra, Michele & Pannell, David J. & Abadi Ghadim, Amir, 2003. "The economics of risk, uncertainty and learning in the adoption of new agricultural technologies: where are we on the learning curve?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 75(2-3), pages 215-234.
- Dimara, Efthalia & Skuras, Dimitrios, 1998. "Adoption of new tobacco varieties in Greece: Impacts of empirical findings on policy design," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 297-307, December.
- David Popp, 2010. "Exploring Links Between Innovation and Diffusion: Adoption of NO X Control Technologies at US Coal-fired Power Plants," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 45(3), pages 319-352, March.
- Mills, Bradford F. & Schleich, Joachim, 2008.
"Why don't households see the light? Explaining the diffusion of compact fluorescent lamps,"
Working Papers "Sustainability and Innovation"
S1/2008, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Mills, Bradford F. & Schleich, Joachim, 2010. "Why don't households see the light?: Explaining the diffusion of compact fluorescent lamps," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 363-378, August.
- Pannell, David J., 1999. "Uncertainty and Adoption of Sustainable Farming Systems," 1999 Conference (43th), January 20-22, 1999, Christchurch, New Zealand 124511, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.