Unbundling dynamic capabilities: an exploratory study of continuous product innovation
AbstractIn order to understand better the organizational sources of continuous innovation, this paper provides an in-depth analysis of Oticon A-S, a leading company in the hearing-aid industry, which showed an impressive ability to develop new products in the nineties. Findings highlight that dynamic capabilities are made up of: knowledge creation and absorption, knowledge integration and knowledge reconfiguration. Discussion links the findings to previous literature and shows how these knowledge-based processes are all based on a coherent mix of organizational resources. Copyright 2003, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Industrial and Corporate Change.
Volume (Year): 12 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://icc.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liao, Tung-Shan & Rice, John, 2010. "Innovation investments, market engagement and financial performance: A study among Australian manufacturing SMEs," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 117-125, February.
- Filippini, Roberto & Güttel, Wolfgang H. & Nosella, Anna, 2012. "Ambidexterity and the evolution of knowledge management initiatives," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 317-324.
- Ayuso, Silvia & Rodriguez, Miguel A. & Ricart, Joan E., 2006. "Using stakeholder dialogue as a source for new ideas. A dynamic capability underlying sustainable innovation," IESE Research Papers, IESE Business School D/633, IESE Business School.
- Judge, William Q. & Elenkov, Detelin, 2005. "Organizational capacity for change and environmental performance: an empirical assessment of Bulgarian firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 58(7), pages 893-901, July.
- Kotabe, Masaaki & Jiang, Crystal Xiangwen & Murray, Janet Y., 2011. "Managerial ties, knowledge acquisition, realized absorptive capacity and new product market performance of emerging multinational companies: A case of China," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 166-176, April.
- Bouzid, Inès & Boughzala, Younès, 2010. "La dynamique de l’innovation par les alliances stratégiques : les résultats d’une enquête auprès de PME," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University 123456789/8127, Paris Dauphine University.
- Parente, Ronaldo C. & Baack, Daniel W. & Hahn, Eugene D., 2011. "The effect of supply chain integration, modular production, and cultural distance on new product development: A dynamic capabilities approach," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 278-290.
- Brion, Sébastien & Mothe, Caroline & Sabatier, Mareva, 2007. "What impacts more on innovation : Organizational context or individual competences ?," MPRA Paper 10595, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dries, Liesbeth & Pascucci, Stefano & TÃ¶rÃ¶k, Ãron & TÃ³th, JÃ³zsef, 2014. "Keeping Your Secrets Public? Open Versus Closed Innovation Processes in the Hungarian Wine Sector," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 17(1).
- Sébastien Brion & Caroline Mothe & Maréva Sabatier, 2010.
"The Impact Of Organisational Context And Competences On Innovation Ambidexterity,"
International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd.,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(02), pages 151-178.
- Sébastien Brion & Caroline Mothe & Mareva Sabatier, 2010. "The impact of organizational context and competences on innovation ambidexterity," Post-Print, HAL hal-00936801, HAL.
- Lam, Alice, 2004. "Organizational Innovation," MPRA Paper 11539, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Makkonen, Hannu & Pohjola, Mikko & Olkkonen, Rami & Koponen, Aki, 2014. "Dynamic capabilities and firm performance in a financial crisis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 2707-2719.
- Schmickl, Christina & Kieser, Alfred, 2008. "How much do specialists have to learn from each other when they jointly develop radical product innovations?," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 473-491, April.
- Diaz-Diaz, Nieves Lidia & Aguiar-Diaz, Inmaculada & De Saá-Pérez, Petra, 2008. "The effect of technological knowledge assets on performance: The innovative choice in Spanish firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1515-1529, October.
- Lise Gastaldi, 2009. "Stratégies d'innovation et modes de management de la recherche en entreprise. La formalisation de trois idéaux-types," Post-Print, HAL halshs-00384386, HAL.
- Fioretti, Guido, 2008. "Two Lyapunov Functions for Flexible Organizations," MPRA Paper 8204, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guido Fioretti, 2012. "Two measures of organizational flexibility," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 22(5), pages 957-979, November.
- Kaushalesh Lal & Theo Dunnewijk, 2008.
"Entrepreneurship and Innovation Strategies in ICT SMEs in Enlarged Europe (EU25),"
- Lal, Kaushalesh & Dunnewijk, Theo, 2008. "Entrepreneurship and Innovation Strategies in ICT SMEs in Enlarged Europe (EU25)," MERIT Working Papers, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT) 016, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Dries, Liesbeth & Pascucci, Stefano & Torok, Aron & Toth, Jozsef, 2012. "Open innovation in the Hungarian wine sector," 131st Seminar, September 18-19, 2012, Prague, Czech Republic, European Association of Agricultural Economists 135785, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Govori, Arbiana, 2014. "Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Evidence from SMEs in Prishtina region, Kosovo," MPRA Paper 55898, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.