Job Mobility and Gender-Based Wage Growth Differentials
AbstractStudies of gender differences in the returns to job mobility have yielded conflicting results. The authors examine whether there are gender differences in mobility patterns or in the returns to different types of mobility. Their results, based on the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth, imply that there are gender differences in mobility patterns but there are not gender differences in the wage growth associated with different types of mobility. Therefore, it appears that empirical estimates of the gender differences in the returns to job mobility may be misleading if they do not consider the cause of separation. Copyright 1997 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Western Economic Association International in its journal Economic Inquiry.
Volume (Year): 35 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://ei.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Battu, H. & Seaman, P.T & Sloane, P.J., .
"Are Married Women Spatially Constrained? A test of gender differentials in labour market outcomes,"
98-07, Department of Economics, University of Aberdeen.
- Harminder Battu & Paul Seaman & Peter Sloane, 1998. "Are married women spatially constrained? A test of gender differentials in labour market outcomes," ERSA conference papers ersa98p24, European Regional Science Association.
- Josse Delfgaauw, 2005. "Where to go? Workers' Reasons to quit and Intra- versus Interindustry Job Mobility," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-027/1, Tinbergen Institute, revised 08 Aug 2005.
- Napari, Sami, 2009. "Gender differences in early-career wage growth," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 140-148, April.
- Marcela Perticara, .
"Wage Mobility Through Job Mobility,"
ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers
inv141, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Marcela C. Perticara(Georgetown University/Ilades), 2004. "Wage Mobility Through Job Mobility," Working Papers gueconwpa~04-04-14, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Marcela Perticara, 2004. "Wage Mobility Through Job Mobility," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 204, Econometric Society.
- Theodossiou, I. & Zangelidis, A., 2009. "Should I stay or should I go? The effect of gender, education and unemployment on labour market transitions," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 566-577, October.
- repec:aia:aiaswp:wp46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Panigo, Demian & Naticchioni, Paolo, 2004. "Employment protection, job-tenure and short term mobility wage gains," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 0402, CEPREMAP.
- Sami Napari, 2006. "The Early Career Gender Wage Gap," CEP Discussion Papers dp0738, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- David Campbell, 2001. "Estimating the Wage Effects of Job Mobility in Britain," Studies in Economics 0117, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
- Alan Manning & Joanna Swaffield, 2005.
"The gender gap in early career wage growth,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
19883, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Del Bono, Emilia & Vuri, Daniela, 2011.
"Job mobility and the gender wage gap in Italy,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 130-142, January.
- Emilia Del Bono & Daniela Vuri, 2008. "Job Mobility and the Gender Wage Gap in Italy," CESifo Working Paper Series 2435, CESifo Group Munich.
- Emilia Del Bono & Daniela Vuri, 2008. "Job Mobility and the Gender Wage Gap in Italy," CEIS Research Paper 130, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 06 Nov 2008.
- Emilia Del Bono & Daniela Vuri, 2008. "Job mobility and the gender wage gap," Working Papers - Dipartimento di Economia 7-DEISFOL, Dipartimento di Economia, Sapienza University of Rome, revised 2008.
- Maite Blázquez, 2009. "Earnings mobility in Spain: the role of job mobility and contractual arrangements," Spanish Economic Review, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 179-205, September.
- Josse Delfgaauw, 2005. "The Effect of Job Satisfaction on Job Search: Not just whether, but also where," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-097/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Caparrós Ruiz, Antonio & Navarro Gomez, Mª Lucia & Rueda Narváez, Mario F., 2010. "Rentabilidad salarial de la formación laboral: un análisis con datos de panel /Wage Returns to Training Investments: A Panel Data Analysis," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 28, pages 483 (20 pÃ¡, Agosto.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.