Is Ricardian Equivalence a Good Approximation?
AbstractRicardian equivalence may be a good approximation even if all households have finite horizons, many households have short horizons, and an appreciable fraction of wage income is received by liquidity-constrained households. The approximation is likely to be better the more imperfect annuity markets are. Copyright 1991 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Western Economic Association International in its journal Economic Inquiry.
Volume (Year): 29 (1991)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://ei.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lane, P.R. & Ganelli, G., 2002.
"Dynamic General Equilibrium Analysis: The Open Economy Dimension,"
CEG Working Papers
20026, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Ganelli, Giovanni & Lane, Philip R., 2002. "Dynamic General Equilibrium Analysis: The Open Economy Dimension," CEPR Discussion Papers 3540, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philip R. Lane & Giovanni Ganelli, 2002. "Dynamic General Equilibrium Analysis: The Open Economy Dimension," Trinity Economics Papers 200212, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Jaromír Hurník, 2004. "Fiscal Consolidation in General Equilibrium Framework (the case of the Czech Republic)," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2004(2), pages 142-158.
- Koumparoulis, Dimitrios, 2006. "Ευρωπαϊκή Δημοσιονομική Πολιτική Και Οικονομική Μεγέθυνση: Η Νεοκλασική Οικονομική Θεωρία Για Την Περίπτωσ�," MPRA Paper 44310, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elmendorf, Douglas W. & Gregory Mankiw, N., 1999.
Handbook of Macroeconomics,
in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 25, pages 1615-1669
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1998. "Government Debt," NBER Working Papers 6470, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1998. "Government debt," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-09, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1998. "Government Debt," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1820, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Elmendorf, Douglas W. & Mankiw, N, 1999. "Government Debt," Scholarly Articles 2643866, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Engen, Eric M. & Gravelle, Jane G. & Smetters, Kent, 1997. "Dynamic Tax Models: Why They Do the Things They Do," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 50(3), pages 657-82, September.
- Michael B. Devereux, 2011.
"Fiscal Deficits, Debt, and Monetary Policy in a Liquidity Trap,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,
in: Luis Felipe Céspedes & Roberto Chang & Diego Saravia (ed.), Monetary Policy under Financial Turbulence, edition 1, volume 16, chapter 10, pages 369-410
Central Bank of Chile.
- Michael Devereux, 2010. "Fiscal Deficits, Debt, and Monetary Policy in a Liquidity Trap," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 581, Central Bank of Chile.
- Michael B. Devereux, 2010. "Fiscal deficits, debt, and monetary policy in a liquidity trap," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 44, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Evans, Paul & Hasan, Iftekhar, 1998. "The consumption-based capital asset pricing model: International evidence," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Fujiwara, Ippei & Hara, Naoko & Hirose, Yasuo & Teranishi, Yuki, 2005.
"The Japanese Economic Model (JEM),"
Monetary and Economic Studies,
Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 23(2), pages 61-142, May.
- Frédéric Gonand, 2005. "Effect on potential growth of non-sustainable public debt dynamics: an application to France," Working Papers hal-00242973, HAL.
- Detken, Carsten, 1999. "Fiscal policy effectiveness and neutrality results in a non-Ricardian world," Working Paper Series 0003, European Central Bank.
- Medeiros, João, 2000. "Endogenous Versus Exogenous Growth Facing a Fertility Shock," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2000017, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.