Analysing pollution by way of vertically integrated coefficients, with an application to the water sector in Aragon
AbstractIn this paper, we adopt Pasinetti's approach of vertically integrated sectors in order to disaggregate pollution into its most significant components. Vertical integration allows us to obtain five components (and at least five measurement indices) corresponding to each sector and each type of pollution. These indices overcome some of the deficiencies of the traditional Rasmussen-type coefficients. The empirical application is carried out by reference to the water sector in Aragon, a region which lies in north-eastern Spain, for five polluting factors, namely: water returns, biological oxygen demand at five days (BOD5), suspended solids (SS), nitrates and phosphates. Copyright 2003, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Cambridge Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 27 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.cje.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- onder Nomaler & Bart Verspagen, 2008.
"Knowledge Flows, Patent Citations and the Impact of Science on Technology,"
Economic Systems Research,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 339-366.
- Verspagen, Bart & Nomaler, Onder, 2007. "Knowledge Flows, Patent Citations and the Impact of Science on Technology," MERIT Working Papers 022, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Julio Sanchez-Choliz & Rosa Duarte, 2003. "Production Chains and Linkage Indicators," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 481-494.
- Cazcarro, Ignacio & Duarte, Rosa & Sánchez-Chóliz, Julio, 2013. "Economic growth and the evolution of water consumption in Spain: A structural decomposition analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 51-61.
- Matías Piaggio & Vicent Alcántara Escolano & Emilio Padilla Rosa, 2013. "The materiality of the immaterial. Services sectors and CO2 emissions in Uruguay," Working Papers wpdea1306, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Jean-Christophe MARTIN (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Patrick POINT (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113), 2011. "Construction of linkage indicators of greenhouse gas emissions for Aquitaine region," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-05, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Duarte, R. & Flores, M. & Sanchez-Choliz, J., 2010. "Enviromental Impacts of A Regional Economy: An Application To The Aragonese Economy (Spain)," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 10(2).
- Valeria Cosmo & Marie Hyland & Maria Llop, 2014.
"Disentangling Water Usage in the European Union: A Decomposition Analysis,"
Water Resources Management,
Springer, vol. 28(5), pages 1463-1479, March.
- Valeria, Di Cosmo & Marie, Hyland & Maria, LLop, 2012. "Disentangling water usage in the European Union: A decomposition analysis," MPRA Paper 42865, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Di Cosmo, Valeria & Hyland, Marie & Llop Llop, Maria, 2014. "Disentangling water usage in the European Union: A decomposition analysis," Working Papers 2072/225298, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Maria Llop & Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod, 2012. "Identifying the economic impact behind a cultural asset: an input–output subsystems analysis," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 861-877, December.
- Carmen RAMOS-CARVAJAL & Blanca MORENO-CUARTAS, 2013. "Characterization of Spanish economic sectors from an economic and environmental perspective:Evolution and forecast of greenhouse gas emissions," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 13(2), pages 117-134.
- Butnar, Isabela & Llop Llop, Maria, 2010. "Structural decomposition analysis and input-output subsystems: An application to Spanish CO2 emissions," Working Papers 2072/151546, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Duarte, Rosa & Sanchez-Choliz, Julio & Bielsa, Jorge, 2002. "Water use in the Spanish economy: an input-output approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 71-85, November.
- Butnar, Isabela & Llop, Maria, 2011. "Structural decomposition analysis and input-output subsystems: Changes in CO2 emissions of Spanish service sectors (2000-2005)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2012-2019, September.
- Maria Llop & Richard S.J. Tol, 2013.
"Decomposition of sectoral greenhouse gas emissions: a subsystem input-output model for the Republic of Ireland,"
Journal of Environmental Planning and Management,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(9), pages 1316-1331, November.
- Llop, Maria & Tol, Richard S. J., 2011. "Decomposition of Sectoral Greenhouse Gas Emissions: A Subsystem Input-Output Model for the Republic of Ireland," Papers WP398, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Sanchez-Choliz, Julio & Duarte, Rosa, 2005. "Water pollution in the Spanish economy: analysis of sensitivity to production and environmental constraints," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 325-338, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.