The Present State of Institutional Economics
AbstractAfter articulating the institutionalist paradigm and its principal facets, the article examines the present status, converging interests, and possible future of institutional economics. Emphasis is on related schools of thought and, especially, European (and other) developments along evolutionary and holistic lines of analysis, and on a new generation of U.S. and, especially, European authors. Among more specific themes are the importance of power, technology, social change, social control, organizations, and institutions in governing economic performance. The work of European authors is expected to become increasingly important owing to their concern with subject matter and policy issues, rather than sectarian questions. (c) 1995 Academic Press, Ltd. Copyright 1995 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Cambridge Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (1995)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.cje.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ron A. Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2006.
"Why is economic geography not an evolutionary science? Towards an evolutionary economic geography,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 6(3), pages 273-302, June.
- Ron A. Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2005. "Why is economic geography not an evolutionary science? Towards an evolutionary economic geography," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0501, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Feb 2005.
- José Corpataux & Olivier Crevoisier, 2007.
"Economic theories and spatial transformations clarifying the space-time premises and outcomes of economic theories,"
GRET Publications and Working Papers
03-07, GRET Group of Research in Territorial Economy, University of Neuchâtel.
- José Corpataux & Olivier Crevoisier, 2007. "Economic theories and spatial transformations clarifying the space-time premises and outcomes of economic theories," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(3), pages 285-309, May.
- Kobos, Peter H. & Erickson, Jon D. & Drennen, Thomas E., 2006. "Technological learning and renewable energy costs: implications for US renewable energy policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(13), pages 1645-1658, September.
- Kang-Kook Lee, 2010. "The Change of the Financial System and Developmental State in Korea," Working Papers id:3307, eSocialSciences.
- Olsson, Ola, 2000. "A Microeconomic Analysis of Institutions," Working Papers in Economics 25, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Strachman, Eduardo, 2001. "Institutions: a critical analysis of their main characteristics," MPRA Paper 25621, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Eduardo Strachman, 2002.
"Instituições: uma caracterização crítica,"
ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 3(1), pages 113-157, January-J.
- Strachman, Eduardo, 2002.
"Instituições: uma caracterização crítica
[Institutions: a critical characterization]," MPRA Paper 15149, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2002.
- Strachman, Eduardo, 2002. "Instituições: uma caracterização crítica
- Cogoy, Mario, 1999. "The consumer as a social and environmental actor," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 385-398, March.
- Zoya Mladenova, 2006. "The Evolution of Economic Theory during the Twentieth Century," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 7, pages 49-71.
- Zoya Mladenova, 2006. "20th Century and Evolution of the Economic Theory (Neoclassical School: Development of Macroeconomics. Non-orthodox Economic Schools)," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 3-22.
- Boyer, Robert, 1996. "Seven paradoxes of capitalism...or is a theory of modern economies still possible ?," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9620, CEPREMAP.
- Resmini, Laura, 2006. "Theoretical and Methodological Study on Comparative Advantages in Dynamic Growth Regions, Convergence and Inequalities Patterns," Papers DYNREG03, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Fernando Ferrari Filho & Octavio Augusto Camargo Conceição, 2001. "A noção de incerteza nos pós-keynesianos e institucionalistas: uma conciliação possível? [The concept of uncertainty in Post-Keynesian theory and in institutional economics]," Nova Economia, Economics Department, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil), vol. 11(1), pages 99-122, July.
- Adger, W. Neil, 1999. "Evolution of economy and environment: an application to land use in lowland Vietnam," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 365-379, December.
- Octavio Augusto Camargo Conceição, 2003. "Elementos para uma Teorização Apreciativa Institucionalista do Crescimento Econômico: uma Comparação das Abordagens de North, Matthews e Zysman," Anais do XXXI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 31th Brazilian Economics Meeting] a38, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Paschalis Arvanitidis, 2006. "A Framework of Socioeconomic Organisation: Redefining Original Institutional Economics Along Critical Realist Philosophical Lines," ERSA conference papers ersa06p575, European Regional Science Association.
- Michel S. Zouboulakis & John Kamarianos, 2002. "Racionalidad y cooperación entre firmas. Examen del comportamiento habitual de las industrias griegas," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 4(7), pages 98-113, July-Dece.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.