Regularity in Price Changes as an Effect of Changes in Distribution
AbstractThe dependence of relative prices on distribution, in general not expressible by an economically transparent, simple mathematical relationship, can be so expressed under reasonable assumptions on th he input-output system defining the economy's technology. The author develops an approximate formula, relating a commodity's price in a simple way to the level of the profit rate, whose parameters are meaningful summaries of the production data and which is highly accur ate when the assumptions hold. He verifies the formula's accuracy empirically and draws implications for two issues: the Marxian "transformation problem" and the shape of wage-profit curves. Copyright 1988 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Cambridge Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 12 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.cje.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Theodore Mariolis & Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2012.
"On Brody’S Conjecture: Facts And Figures From The Us Economy,"
Discussion Paper Series
2012_06, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised May 2012.
- Mariolis, Theodore & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2012. "On Bródy’s conjecture: facts and figures from the US economy," MPRA Paper 43719, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anwar M. Shaikh & Rania Antonopoulos, 1998.
"Explaining Long-Term Exchange Rate Behavior in the United States and Japan,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_250, Levy Economics Institute.
- Anwar Shaikh & Rania Antonopoulos, 1998. "Explaining long term exchange rate behavior in the United States and Japan," Macroeconomics 9809011, EconWPA.
- Anwar M. Shaikh, . "Explaining the U.S. Trade Deficit," Economics Policy Note Archive 00-1, Levy Economics Institute.
- Anwar M. Shaikh, 1999.
"Real Exchange Rates and the International Mobility of Capital,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_265, Levy Economics Institute.
- Anwar Shaikh, 1999. "Real Exchange Rates and the International Mobility of Capital," Macroeconomics 9904002, EconWPA.
- Theodore Mariolis & George Soklis & Eugenia Zouvela, 2013. "Testing Böhm-Bawerk’s theory of capital: Some evidence from the Finnish economy," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 207-220, June.
- Mariolis, Theodore & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2010. "Eigenvalue distribution and the production price-profit rate relationship in linear single-product systems: theory and empirical evidence," MPRA Paper 43716, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Iliadi, Fotoula & Mariolis, Theodore & Soklis, George & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2012. "Bienenfeld’s approximation of production prices and eigenvalue distribution: some more evidence from five European economies," MPRA Paper 36282, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.