Regularity in Price Changes as an Effect of Changes in Distribution
AbstractThe dependence of relative prices on distribution, in general not expressible by an economically transparent, simple mathematical relationship, can be so expressed under reasonable assumptions on th he input-output system defining the economy's technology. The author develops an approximate formula, relating a commodity's price in a simple way to the level of the profit rate, whose parameters are meaningful summaries of the production data and which is highly accur ate when the assumptions hold. He verifies the formula's accuracy empirically and draws implications for two issues: the Marxian "transformation problem" and the shape of wage-profit curves. Copyright 1988 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Cambridge Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 12 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.cje.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iliadi, Fotoula & Mariolis, Theodore & Soklis, George & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2012. "Bienenfeld’s approximation of production prices and eigenvalue distribution: some more evidence from five European economies," MPRA Paper 36282, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:mcd:mcddps:2012_06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anwar Shaikh, 1999.
"Real Exchange Rates and the International Mobility of Capital,"
- Anwar M. Shaikh, 1999. "Real Exchange Rates and the International Mobility of Capital," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_265, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Mariolis, Theodore & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2012. "On Bródy’s conjecture: facts and figures from the US economy," MPRA Paper 43719, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Theodore Mariolis & Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2010.
"Eigenvalue Distribution and the Production Price-Profit Rate Relationship in Linear Single-Product Systems: Theory and Empirical Evidence,"
Discussion Paper Series
2010_16, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Nov 2010.
- Mariolis, Theodore & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2010. "Eigenvalue distribution and the production price-profit rate relationship in linear single-product systems: theory and empirical evidence," MPRA Paper 43716, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.