Growing Subsystems, Vertically Hyper-integrated Sectors and the Labour Theory of Value
AbstractThe author starts from Piero Sraffa's notion of subsystem, and from his own notion of vertically integrated sector, and goes on to a complete generalization to dynamic analysis. A production system is partitioned into a set of self-contained growing subsystems, each of which, compactly considered, is characterized by one single unit of consumption good at one extreme and one single labor coefficient at the other extreme (a vertically hyper-integrated sector). This logical construction is shown to possess remarkable analytical and normative properties, particularly suitable for dynamic analysis. Among these properties, a complete generalization is obtained of Ada m Smith's pure labor theory of value. Copyright 1988 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Cambridge Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 12 (1988)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.cje.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yoshihara, Naoki & Veneziani, Roberto, 2013.
"The Measurement of Labour Content: A General Approach,"
Discussion Paper Series
587, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Yoshihara, Naoki & Veneziani, Veneziani, 2013. "The measurement of labour content: a general approach," CCES Discussion Paper Series 47, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Naoki Yoshihara & Roberto Veneziani, 2013. "The Measurement of Labour Content: A General Approach," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2013-05, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Naoki Yoshihara & Roberto Veneziani, 2013. "The Measurement of Labour Content: A General Approach," Working Papers 704, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Butnar, Isabela & Llop, Maria, 2011. "Structural decomposition analysis and input-output subsystems: Changes in CO2 emissions of Spanish service sectors (2000-2005)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2012-2019, September.
- Di Cosmo, Valeria & Hyland, Marie & Llop Llop, Maria, 2014.
"Disentangling water usage in the European Union: A decomposition analysis,"
2072/225298, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Valeria Cosmo & Marie Hyland & Maria Llop, 2014. "Disentangling Water Usage in the European Union: A Decomposition Analysis," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 28(5), pages 1463-1479, March.
- Valeria, Di Cosmo & Marie, Hyland & Maria, LLop, 2012. "Disentangling water usage in the European Union: A decomposition analysis," MPRA Paper 42865, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Araujo, Ricardo Azevedo & Teixeira, Joanílio Rodolpho, 2003.
"An Extension of the Structural Change Model to International Economic Relations,"
53291, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ricardo Azevedo Araujo & JoanÌlio Rodolpho Teixeira, 2003. "An Extension of the Structural Change Model to International Economic Relations," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 458-473, November.
- Reati, Angelo, 1998. "A Long-Wave Pattern for Output and Employment in Pasinetti’s Model of Structural Change," MPRA Paper 1663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oda, Sobei H., 1999. "Trade in capital goods generated by international diffusion of technology," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 195-208, June.
- Maria Llop & Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod, 2012. "Identifying the economic impact behind a cultural asset: an input–output subsystems analysis," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 861-877, December.
- Garbellini, Nadia & Wirkierman, Ariel Luis, 2014. "Blocks and circularity in labour requirements: An interplay between clusters and subsystems in the EU," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 60-74.
- di Cosmo, Valeria & Hyland, Marie, 2013. "Decomposing patterns of emission intensity in the EU and China: how much does trade matter?," Papers WP462, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Mariolis, Theodore, 2014.
"Η θεωρία οικονομικών κρίσεων του Karl Marx
[Karl Marx’s theory of economic crises]," MPRA Paper 56831, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.