Weak Disposability in Nonparametric Production Analysis: Reply to F�re and Grosskopf
AbstractF�re and Grosskopf (this issue) claim that a single abatement factor suffices for modeling weak disposability in nonparametric production models, and that the Kuosmanen (2005) technology that uses multiple abatement factors is larger than necessary. This article demonstrates by a numerical example that a single abatement factor does not suffice to capture all feasible production plans, and that its use leads to the violation of convexity, one of the maintained assumptions of the model. We also prove that the Kuosmanen technology is the correct minimum extrapolation technology under the stated axioms. Copyright 2008, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 91 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mircea Epure & Esteban Lafuente, 2014.
"Monitoring Bank Performance in the Presence of Risk,"
613, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Mircea Epure & Esteban Lafuente, 2012. "Monitoring bank performance in the presence of risk," Economics Working Papers 1310, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Mar 2014.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2012. "A conditional directional distance function approach for measuring regional environmental efficiency: Evidence from the UK regions," MPRA Paper 38147, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Kazemi Matin, Reza, 2011. "Duality of weakly disposable technology," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 504-512, October.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2012. "Regional economic growth and environmental efficiency in greenhouse emissions: A conditional directional distance function approach," MPRA Paper 40015, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2011. "Regional environmental efficiency and economic growth: NUTS2 evidence from Germany, France and the UK," MPRA Paper 33698, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2011. "Kuznets curve and environmental performance: evidence from China," MPRA Paper 34312, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- George Halkos & Nickolaos Tzeremes, 2012. "Measuring German regions’ environmental efficiency: a directional distance function approach," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 7-16, March.
- Chen, Po-Chi & Yu, Ming-Miin & Chang, Ching-Cheng & Managi, Shunsuke, 2014. "Non-Radial Directional Performance Measurement with Undesirable Outputs," MPRA Paper 57189, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2011. "Measuring regional environmental efficiency: A directional distance function approach," MPRA Paper 32934, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.