Using Weather Index Insurance to Improve Drought Response for Famine Prevention
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 89 (2007)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sommarat Chantarat & Andrew G. Mude & Christopher B. Barrett & Michael R. Carter, 2013. "Designing Index-Based Livestock Insurance for Managing Asset Risk in Northern Kenya," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 80(1), pages 205-237, 03.
- Birgit Müller & Martin Quaas & Karin Frank & Stefan Baumgärtner, 2009.
"Pitfalls and potential of institutional change: Rain-index insurance and the sustainability of rangeland management,"
Working Paper Series in Economics
149, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Müller, Birgit & Quaas, Martin F. & Frank, Karin & Baumgärtner, Stefan, 2011. "Pitfalls and potential of institutional change: Rain-index insurance and the sustainability of rangeland management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2137-2144, September.
- Clarke, Daniel J. & Hill, Ruth Vargas, 2013. "Cost-benefit analysis of the african risk capacity facility:," IFPRI discussion papers 1292, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Muamba, Francis M. & Ulimwengu, John M., 2010. "Optimal rainfall insurance contracts for maize producers in Ghana’s Northern Region," IFPRI discussion papers 1016, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sommarat CHANTARAT & Kirk PANNANGPETCH & Nattapong PUTTANAPONG & Thanasin TANOMPONGHANDH, 2013. "Index-Based Risk Financing and Development of Natural Disaster Insurance Programs in Developing Asian Countries," Working Papers DP-2013-09, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Barnett, Barry J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Skees, Jerry R., 2008. "Poverty Traps and Index-Based Risk Transfer Products," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1766-1785, October.
- Bhattamishra, Ruchira & Barrett, Christopher B., 2010. "Community-Based Risk Management Arrangements: A Review," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 923-932, July.
- Alan Fuchs & Hendrik Wolff, 2011.
"Concept and Unintended Consequences of Weather Index Insurance: The Case of Mexico,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(2), pages 505-511.
- Fuchs, Alan & Wolff, Hendrik, 2011. "Concept and Unintended Consequences of Weather Index Insurance: The Case of Mexico," IZA Discussion Papers 6234, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion, 2013. "Agricultural insurances based on meteorological indices: realizations, methods and research challenges," Post-Print hal-00656778, HAL.
- Janzen, Sarah A. & Carter, Michael R. & Ikegami, Munenobu, 2012. "Valuing Asset Insurance in the Presence of Poverty Traps: A Dynamic Approach," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124805, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Matsuda, Ayako & Kurosaki, Takashi & Sawada, Yasuyuki, 2013. "Rainfall and Temperature Index Insurance in India: Project Documentation," PRIMCED Discussion Paper Series 34, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Marenya, Paswel Phiri & Smith, Vincent H. & Nkonya, Ephraim M., 2012. "Subsistence farmer preferences for alternative incentive policies to encourage the adoption of conservation agriculture in Malawi: A choice elicitation approach," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124010, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Linging Hou & Dana L.K. Hoag & Yueying Mu, 2011. "Testing for adverse selection of crop insurance in northern China," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 462-475, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.