Modeling Farm Households' Price Responses in the Presence of Transaction Costs and Heterogeneity in Labor Markets
AbstractWe develop a farm household model to analyze price responses of farm households. This model incorporates various types of transaction costs as well as labor heterogeneity. Nonproportional variable transaction costs or labor heterogeneity imply that production and consumption decisions become nonseparable, even when the household buys or sells labor. An empirical model is estimated using data from Midwest Poland. The results show that nonproportional variable transaction costs and labor heterogeneity significantly influence household behavior. Not all price elasticities, however, change significantly if these are neglected. Copyright 2007, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 89 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henningsen, Arne & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Lien, Gudbrand D., 2009.
"Econometric Analysis of the Effects of Subsidies on Farm Production in Case of Endogenous Input Quantities,"
2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
49728, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Henningsen, Arne & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Lien, Gudbrand D., 2011. "Econometric Analysis of the Effects of Subsidies on Farm Production in Case of Endogenous Input Quantities," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114548, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Md Shafiul Azam & Katsushi Imai & Raghav Gaiha, 2012.
"Agricultural Supply Response and Smallholders Market Participation: the Case of Cambodia,"
The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series
1208, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Md. Shafiul Azam & Katsushi S. Imai & Raghav Gaiha, 2012. "Agricultural Supply Response and Smallholders Market Participation – the Case of Cambodia," Discussion Paper Series DP2012-09, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Luca Tiberti & Marco Tiberti, 2012. "Rural Policies and Poverty in Tanzania: an Agricultural Household Model-Based Assessment," Cahiers de recherche 1229, CIRPEE.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Winter-Nelson, Alex, 2010. "Sales location and supply response among semisubsistence farmers in Benin," IFPRI discussion papers 999, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Eleonora Matteazzi & Martina Menon & Federico Perali, 2013. "An Equilibrium Analysis of a Collective Farm-Household Model: Policy and Welfare Simulations," Working Papers 20/2013, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2008. "Behavior of subsistence producers in response to technological change- The elasticity of cassava production and home consumption in Benin," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6108, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.