Factors Influencing Illinois Farmland Values
AbstractA hedonic model of Illinois farmland values is estimated using county-level cross-section time-series data. Explanatory variables include land productivity, parcel size, improvements, distances to Chicago and other large cities, an urban-rural index, livestock production through swine operation scale and farm density measures, population density, income, and inflation. The inclusion of spatial and serial correlation components substantially improves the model fit. Farmland values decline with parcel size, ruralness, distance to Chicago and large cities, and swine farm density, and increase with soil productivity, population density, and personal income. Copyright 2006, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 88 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cotteleer, Geerte & Stobbe, Tracy & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2008.
"Expert Opinion Versus Transaction Evidence: Using The Reilly Index To Measure Open Space Premiums In The Urban-Rural Fringe,"
107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain
6705, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Geerte Cotteleer & Tracy Stobbe & G. Cornelis van Kooten, 2008. "Expert Opinion versus Transaction Evidence: Using the Reilly Index to Measure Open Space premiums in the Urban-Rural Fringe," Working Papers 2008-06, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- Huttel, Silke & Jetzinger, Simon & Odening, Martin, 2012.
"Forced Sales and Farmland Prices,"
Structural Change in Agriculture/Strukturwandel im Agrarsektor (SiAg) Working Papers
129063, Humboldt University Berlin, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Huttel, Silke & Jetzinger, Simon & Odening, Martin, 2012. "Forced Sales And Farmland Prices," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 133413, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Odening, Martin & Jetzinger, Simon & Huettel, Silke, 2013. "Forced Sales and Farmland Prices," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150274, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Borchers, Allison & Ifft, Jennifer & Kuethe, Todd, 2013. "Linking the Price of Agricultural Land to Use Values and Amenities," 2014 Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 3-5, 2014, Philadelphia, PA 161651, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Thibodeau, David R. & Clark, J. Stephen, 2009. "Government support, transfer efficiency, and moral hazard within heterogeneous regions in Canadian Agriculture," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51806, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Blank, Steven C. & Erickson, Kenneth W. & Nehring, Richard F. & Hallahan, Charles B., 2006. "Agricultural Profits and Farm Household Wealth: A Farm-level and Cross-sectional Analysis," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21436, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Baylis, Katherine R. & Paulson, Nicholas D. & Piras, Gianfranco, 2011. "Spatial Approaches to Panel Data in Agricultural Economics: A Climate Change Application," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 43(03), August.
- Cotteleer, Geerte & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2012. "Expert opinion versus actual transaction evidence in the valuation of non-market amenities," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 32-40.
- Garth Holloway & Donald Lacombe & James P. LeSage, 2007.
"Spatial Econometric Issues for Bio-Economic and Land-Use Modelling,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 549-588, 09.
- Holloway, Garth J. & Lacombe, Donald J. & LeSage, James P., 2006. "Spatial Econometric Issues for Bio-Economic and Land-Use Modeling," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25525, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Christopher Zakrzewicz & B. Wade Brorsen & Brian C. Briggeman, 2012.
"Comparison of alternative sources of farmland values,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 72(1), pages 68-86, March.
- Zakrzewicz, Christopher J. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Briggeman, Brian C., 2011. "Comparison of Alternative Sources of Farmland Values," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103758, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Guiling, Pam & Brorsen, B. Wade & Doye, Damona G., 2007. "How Much Influence Does Recreation Have on Agricultural Land Values?," 2007 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2007, Mobile, Alabama 34947, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Zhang, Wendong & Irwin, Elena G. & Nickerson, Cynthia J., 2012. "The Expanding Ethanol Market and Farmland Values: Identifying the Changing Influence of Proximity to Agricultural Delivery Points," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124690, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Feichtinger, Paul & Salhofer, Paul, 2013. "A Spatial Analysis of Agricultural Land Prices in Bavaria," Factor Markets Working Papers 162, Centre for European Policy Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.