Renewable Resources with Endogenous Age Classes and Allocation of Land
AbstractIt is shown that if it is optimal to allocate all land to forestry, the long-run stationary state is a cyclical solution around an equilibrium with an even timber flow. The equilibrium cycles vanish when it is optimal to allocate some fraction of land outside forestry. We present numerical examples on the transitional dynamics and long- and short-run timber supply. When land conversion is costly, the cycles do not vanish and the long-run equilibrium between forestry and agriculture is represented by a continuum. Copyright 2004, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 86 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laboratoire d’Economie Forestière, 2006. "Perspectives de Recherche en Economie Forestière en France : Programmes Prioritaires pour la Période 2005-2008," Working Papers - Cahiers du LEF 2006-01, Laboratoire d'Economie Forestiere, AgroParisTech-INRA.
- COUTURE Stephane & REYNAUD Arnaud, 2006. "Multi-stand Forest Management Under a Climatic Risk: Do time and Risk Preferences Matter?," LERNA Working Papers 06.17.210, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Couture, Stéphane & Reynaud, Arnaud, 2011.
"Forest management under fire risk when forest carbon sequestration has value,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2002-2011, September.
- Couture, Stéphane & Reynaud, Arnaud, 2009. "Forest Management under Fire Risk when Forest Carbon Sequestration Has Value," TSE Working Papers 09-005, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- StÃ©phane Couture & Arnaud Reynaud, 2009. "Forest Management Under Fire Risk When Forest Carbon Sequestration Has Value," LERNA Working Papers 09.09.285, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Adriana Piazza, 2010. "About optimal harvesting policies for a multiple species forest without discounting," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 100(3), pages 217-233, July.
- Duarte, Clara Costa & Sa, Maria A. Cunha e, 2006. "Continuous versus Discrete Time Forest Management Models with Carbon Sequestration Benefits," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp497, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Adriana Piazza, 2009. "The optimal harvesting problem with a land market: a characterization of the asymptotic convergence," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 113-138, July.
- Duarte, Clara Costa & Sa, Maria A. Cunha e, 2006. "Forest vintages and carbon sequestration," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp482, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Ali Khan, M. & Piazza, Adriana, 2012. "On the Mitra–Wan forestry model: A unified analysis," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 230-260.
- Renato Rosa & Clara Costa Duarte & Maria A. Cunha-e-Sá, 2009. "The Role of Forests as Carbon Sinks: Land-Use and Carbon Accounting," Working Papers 2009.61, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.