Creating Incentives for the Adoption of Sustainable Agricultural Practices in Developing Countries: The Role of Soil Carbon Sequestration
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 85 (2003)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Allwardt, Jennifer, 2011. "Carbon Credit Payment Options for Agroforestry Projects in Africa," Graduate Research Masters Degree Plan B Papers 118497, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Marenya, Paswel Phiri & Smith, Vincent H. & Nkonya, Ephraim M., 2012. "Subsistence farmer preferences for alternative incentive policies to encourage the adoption of conservation agriculture in Malawi: A choice elicitation approach," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124010, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Marenya, Paswel Phiri & Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Xiong, Wei & Rossel, Jose Deustua & Edward, Kato, 2012. "Which would work better for improved soil fertility management in sub-Saharan Africa: Fertilizer Subsidies or Carbon Credits?," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126904, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Anders, Ekbom, 2010. "Bio-economics of Conservation Agriculture and Soil Carbon Sequestration in Developing Countries," Working Papers in Economics 431, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Ovchinnikova, Natalia & Lynne, Gary D. & Sautter, John & Kruse, Colby, 2006. "What motivates farmers to sequester carbon: an empirical investigation," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21288, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Benjamin, Olatunbosun, 2012. "Improving credit allocation to sustainable agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa: Review of bio-based economy benefits," MPRA Paper 41313, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Larson, Donald F. & Dinar, Ariel & Frisbie, J. Aapris, 2011. "Agriculture and the clean development mechanism," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5621, The World Bank.
- Bryan, Elizabeth & De Pinto, Alessandro & Ringler, Claudia & Asuming-Brempong, Samuel & Bendaoud, LuÃs Artur & GivÃ¡, Nicia & Anh, Dao The & Mai, Nguyen Ngoc & Asenso-Okyere, Kwadwo & Sarpong, Da, 2012. "Institutions for agricultural mitigation: Potential and challenges in four countries," CAPRi working papers 107, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- González-Estrada, Ernesto & Rodriguez, Luis C. & Walen, Valerie K. & Naab, Jesse B. & Koo, Jawoo & Jones, James W. & Herrero, Mario & Thornton, Philip K., 2008. "Carbon sequestration and farm income in West Africa: Identifying best management practices for smallholder agricultural systems in northern Ghana," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 492-502, October.
- Larson, Donald F. & Dinar, Ariel & Blankespoor, Brian, 2012. "Aligning climate change mitigation and agricultural policies in Eastern Europe and Central Asia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6080, The World Bank.
- Kinuthia, Emmanuel K., 2010. "The Effects Of The International Smallgroup And Tree Planting Program On Household Income In Nyeri District, Kenya," Research Theses 117709, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Hediger, Werner, 2009. "The non-permanence of optimal soil carbon sequestration," 83rd Annual Conference, March 30-April 1, 2009, Dublin, Ireland 51057, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Li, Man & Wu, JunJie & Deng, Xiangzheng, 2009. "Empirical Analysis of Land-use Change and Soil Carbon Sequestration Cost in China," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49568, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Obubuafo, Joyce & Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & Paudel, Krishna P. & Kim, Seon-Ae, 2006. "Knowledge, Application and Adoption of Best Management Practices by Cattle Farmers under the Environmental Quality Incentives Program - A Sequential Analysis," 2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida 35307, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Teklewold, Hailemariam & Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2013. "Cropping system diversification, conservation tillage and modern seed adoption in Ethiopia: Impacts on household income, agrochemical use and demand for labor," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 85-93.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00505137 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Man-Keun & McCarl, Bruce A. & Murray, Brian C., 2008. "Permanence discounting for land-based carbon sequestration," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 763-769, February.
- Diagana, Bocar & Antle, John & Stoorvogel, Jetse & Gray, Kara, 2007. "Economic potential for soil carbon sequestration in the Nioro region of Senegal's Peanut Basin," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 26-37, April.
- Bauer, Dana M. & Johnston, Robert J., 2013. "Foreword: The Economics of Rural and Agricultural Ecosystem Services: Purism versus Practicality," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 42(1), April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.