Spatial Market Arbitrage and Threshold Cointegration
AbstractGoodwin and Piggott reported that corn and soybean prices in spatially separated markets in North Carolina exhibited threshold cointegration and that commodity prices in different markets may persistently diverge. Here, a multivariate approach is used to test for threshold cointegration and nonlinear cointegration. The results suggest that departures from the law of one price do not persist indefinitely. Copyright 2003, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 85 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ihle, Rico & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan, 2008. "A Comparison of Threshold Cointegration and Markov-Switching Vector Error Correction Models in Price Transmission Analysis," 2008 Conference, April 21-22, 2008, St. Louis, Missouri 37603, NCCC-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Araujo-Enciso, Sergio Rene, 2011. "The Takayama and Judge Price and Allocation Model and its Application in Non-linear Techniques for Spatial Market Integration," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114225, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Listorti, Giulia & Esposti, Roberto, 2012. "Horizontal Price Transmission in Agricultural Markets: Fundamental Concepts and Open Empirical Issues," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), issue 1, April.
- Guney, Selin & Goodwin, Barry K., 2013. "Semi-Parametric, Generalized Additive Vector Autoregressive Models of Spatial Price Dynamics," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151149, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mann, Janelle M, 2013. "Is there a Global Relationship Across Crude Oil Benchmarks?," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150368, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jing Li & Junsoo Lee, 2009.
"ADL tests for threshold cointegration,"
SDSU Working Papers in Progress
22009, South Dakota State University, Department of Economics.
- Brummer, Bernhard & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan & Zorya, Sergiy, 2006. "Vertical Price Transmission between Wheat and Flour in Ukraine: A Markov-Switching Vector Error Correction Approach," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25575, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Cudjoe, Godsway & Breisinger, Clemens & Diao, Xinshen, 2010. "Local impacts of a global crisis: Food price transmission, consumer welfare and poverty in Ghana," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 294-302, August.
- Van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2007.
"Modelling trends in food market integration: Method and an application to Tanzanian maize markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 112-127, February.
- van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2005. "Modelling Trends in Food Market Integration: Method and an Application to Tanzanian Maize Markets," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24718, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gotz, Linde & Qiu, Feng & Glauben, Thomas, 2012. "The Law of One Price under State-Dependent Policy Intervention: An Application to the Ukrainian Wheat Market," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124904, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.