Stock Holdings in Austria
AbstractBased on micro data, this study reviews the stock holdings of Austrian households. Stock investment is not widely spread in Austria, and those stock holdings that do exist are concentrated among wealthy, high-income households. This finding from the OeNB’s Survey on Financial Household Wealth (SFHW) ties in with available international data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank) in its journal Monetary Policy & the Economy.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Postal: Oesterreichische Nationalbank, Documentation Management and Communications Services, Otto-Wagner Platz 3, A-1090 Vienna, Austria
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- E2 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fessler, Pirmin & Schürz, Martin & Andreasch, Michael, 2012. "Savings Deposits in Austria – A Safety Net in Times of Crisis," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 2, pages 81â95.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudia Kwapil).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.