Beyond the Usual Suspects: Rethinking the Mechanisms of Paradigm Shifts in Macroeconomic Policy
AbstractEconomists and political economists emphasize the importance of exogenous shocks, international economic competition, policy conditionality and partisan politics as the main drivers of literature on economic policy change. This paper evaluates the explanatory robustness of these factors and stresses the importance of incorporating economic ideas as a fruitful new direction in research on this topic.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Romanian Society for Economic Science, Revista OEconomica in its journal Revista OEconomica 01/2013.
Volume (Year): (2013)
Issue (Month): 01 (March)
exogenous shocks; international economic competition; policy conditionality; partisan politics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E10 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - General
- F62 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Macroeconomic Impacts
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- P50 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Octavian Jora) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Octavian Jora to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.