Zona Euro: un adevăr care nu convine
AbstractIn this study, we show that the main problem facing the Eurozone economy is the relatively low competitiveness of the PIIGS economies. Findings show that the defining trait of PIIGS countries is neither budget deficits, nor public debt, but rather the current account deficits.�We argue that, while tightening fiscal discipline within the Eurozone is a must, it does not solve that problem.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Romanian Society for Economic Science, Revista OEconomica in its journal Revista OEconomica 03/2012.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 03 (September)
competitiveness; productivity; current account deficit; crisis; recession; quantitative easing; Eurozone;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H61 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Budget; Budget Systems
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- H81 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Governmental Loans; Loan Guarantees; Credits; Grants; Bailouts
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Octavian Jora).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.