Research Collaboration and Publication's Citation Impact: Evidence in the Italian Biotech Sector
AbstractWe analyse research collaboration in the Italian biotechnological sector using bibliometric data. We build a database of all scientific publications of Italian biotechnology firms over the period 1990 to may 2006 and we provide evidence on the institutional and geographical nature of research networks, their evolution and their effects on paper's citations impact. The results indicate that the collaboration with foreign institutions and institutional diversity of collaborators is particularly important for the research quality of Italian biotech firms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Società editrice il Mulino in its journal Rivista italiana degli economisti.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Innovation; University-Industry Relationship; Scientific Publications; Biotechnology. JEL classification: L65; O33; O31.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Bio - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - - - -
- JEL - Labor and Demographic Economics - - - - -
- cla - - - - - -
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rosamaria D’Amore & Roberto Iorio, 2014. "New Insights On The Relationships Between Geographic And Institutional Distance In Research Collaborations:A Long Period Analysis," Working Papers 3_229, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Statistiche, Università degli Studi di Salerno.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.