Germany's Company Tax Reform Act of 2008
AbstractThe article outlines Germany's recent company tax reform. The act will become effective from January 1st, 2008, except for some minor points and for companies with an alternative fiscal year. The description comprises the reduction in the corporate income tax rate, repeal of declining-balance depreciation, changes in the trade tax, and tighter rules regarding transfer prices and loss deduction. Close attention is paid to new instruments such as the interest limitation, preferential treatment of retentions, and the final withholding tax. The paper provides political background, evaluates the changes economically, andputs them in legal and international perspectives.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen in its journal FinanzArchiv.
Volume (Year): 63 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.mohr.de/fa
Postal: Mohr Siebeck GmbH & Co. KG, P.O.Box 2040, 72010 Tübingen, Germany
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice and Growth - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice and Growth, Financing, Investment, and Capacity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manfred Rose & Daniel Zöller, 2012. "Abzug von Eigenkapitalzinsen als Betriebsausgaben – ein steuersystematischer Beitrag zur Krisenabsicherung von Unternehmen," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 13(3), pages 214-238, 08.
- Rumpf, Dominik, 2011. "The dividends received deduction in the corporate income tax and cost of capital," Working Papers 01/2011, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Wolpert).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.