Monetary policy in the euro area
AbstractWe examine the conduct of monetary policy as implemented by the European Central Bank (ECB) throughout the euro area. Two distinct but closely related approaches are utilized, both of which rely on the assumption that monetary policy can be usefully characterized in terms of a simple Taylor rule-type of reaction function. First, the ECB policy is assessed against the benchmark of the Bundesbank's reaction function and, second, we impose ad hoc Taylor rules. The policy maker's perception about the equilibrium real interest rate is important. Our analysis suggests that such perceptions may have changed over the period of the ECB's short life.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by M.E. Sharpe, Inc. in its journal Journal of Post Keynesian Economics.
Volume (Year): 28 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mesharpe.metapress.com/link.asp?target=journal&id=109348
ECB; monetary policy implementation; Taylor rules;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yoshiyasu Ono, 2008. "Determinacy of Equilibrium under Various Phillips Curves," ISER Discussion Paper 0706, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Hein, Eckhard & Schoder, Christian, 2009.
"Interest rates, distribution and capital accumulation – A Post-Kaleckian perspective on the US and Germany,"
18223, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eckhard Hein & Christian Schoder, 2011. "Interest rates, distribution and capital accumulation -- A post-Kaleckian perspective on the US and Germany," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(6), pages 693-723, November.
- Hein, Eckhard & Schoder, Christian, 2009. "Interest rates, distribution and capital accumulation: A Post-Kaleckian perspective on the US and Germany," IPE Working Papers 04/2009, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Angel Asensio, 2006. "Monetary and budgetary-fiscal policy interactions in a Keynesian heterogeneous monetary union," Post-Print halshs-00120406, HAL.
- Lee , Jim & Crowley, Patrick M, 2009. "Evaluating the stresses from ECB monetary policy in the euro area," Research Discussion Papers 11/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Lee, Jim, 2009. "Evaluating monetary policy of the euro area with cross-country heterogeneity: Evidence from a New Keynesian model," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 325-343, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Nguyen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.