Can we create a stable international financial environment that ensures net resource transfers to developing countries?
AbstractThe response to increasingly frequent financial crises has concentrated on the governance of financial institutions and markets through the introduction of best practice norms to make them more robust. However, this approach may simply repeat the financial history of persistent crisis if Hyman Minsky's idea that financial crises are endemic and endogenous to the system is correct. This paper suggests an alternative balance sheet management approach to improve financial stability of developing countries recipient of large capital inflows.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by M.E. Sharpe, Inc. in its journal Journal of Post Keynesian Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mesharpe.metapress.com/link.asp?target=journal&id=109348
debt; development; financing for development; foreign direct investment; international capital flows;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- SULIMAN, Osman, 2013. "Do Capital Inflows Cause Currency Black Markets In Mena Countries? Causality Tests For Heterogeneous Panels," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 13(1), pages 187-202.
- Domenica Tropeano, 2006. "Fiscal policy and economic adjustment in emerging economies: what happens after the economic reforms?," Working Papers 30-2006, Macerata University, Department of Finance and Economic Sciences, revised Nov 2008.
- Mario Tonveronachi, 2006. "Foreign debt and financial fragility in the perspective of the emerging countries," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(236), pages 23-48.
- Tropeano, Domenica & Michetti, Elisabetta, 2008.
"Exchange rate policy and income distribution in an open developing economy,"
6642, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elisabetta Michetti, & Domenica Tropeano,, 2008. "Exchange rate policy and income distribution in an open developing economy," Working Papers 44-2008, Macerata University, Department of Finance and Economic Sciences, revised Nov 2008.
- Mario Tonveronachi, 2006. "Debito estero e fragilità finanziaria nell’ottica dei paesi emergenti," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 59(233), pages 45-72.
- Mario Tonveronachi, 2006. "Foreign debt and financial fragility in the perspective of the emerging countries," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(236), pages 23-48.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Nguyen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.