The Market for Electronic Cash Cards
AbstractWe develop a theoretical framework aimed to model the pricing of electronic cash cards and the market domain in which these cards will be used in an environment where charge cards and currency (the legal tender) are competing payment media. We also investigate whether the adoption of the various payment media generates an underutilization or overutilization of the electronic cash cards relative to currency.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell Publishing in its journal Journal of Money, Credit and Banking.
Volume (Year): 34 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879
Other versions of this item:
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leinonen, Harry, 1998. "Interbank funds transfer systems: liquidity needs, counterparty risks and collateral," Research Discussion Papers 16/1998, Bank of Finland.
- Pirttilä, Jukka, 1998. "Earmarking of Environmental Taxes: Efficient, After All," Research Discussion Papers 4/1998, Bank of Finland.
- Willman, Alpo & Kortelainen, Mika & Männistö, Hanna-Leena & Tujula, Mika, 1998. "The BOF5 Macroeconomic Model of Finland, Structure and Equations," Research Discussion Papers 10/1998, Bank of Finland.
- Santomero, Anthony M & Seater, John J, 1996.
"Alternative Monies and the Demand for Media of Exchange,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 942-60, November.
- Anthony M. Santomero & John J. Seater, 1996. "Alternative monies and the demand for media of exchange," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 942-964.
- Anthony M. Santomero & John J. Seater, 1995. "Alternative Monies and the Demand for Media of Exchange," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-08, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Kane, Edward J, 1996. "Comment on Alternative Monies and the Demand for Media of Exchange," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 961-64, November.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.