Market Evidence on the Effective Maturity of Bank Assets and Liabilities
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell Publishing in its journal Journal of Money, Credit and Banking.
Volume (Year): 16 (1984)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879
Other versions of this item:
- Mark Flannery & Christopher James, . "Market Evidence on the Effective Maturity of Bank Assets and Liabilities," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 5-83, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Mark Flannery & Christopher James, . "Market Evidence on the Effective Maturity of Bank Assets and Liabilities," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 05-83, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chaudhry, Mukesh K. & Christie-David, Rohan & Koch, Timothy W. & Reichert, Alan K., 2000. "The risk of foreign currency contingent claims at US commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 1399-1417, September.
- Maxim Zagonov, 2011.
"Securitization and Bank Intermediation Function,"
- Linda Allen & Julapa Jagtiani, 1997.
"Risk and Market Segmentation in Financial Intermediaries' Returns,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 159-173, October.
- Linda Allen & Julapa Jagtiani, 1996. "Risk and Market Segmentation in Financial Intermediaries’ Returns," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-36, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Li Xu & Alex Tang, 2011. "SFAS No. 159: An examination of early electors, late electors and non-electors in the banking industry," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(2), pages 92-109, June.
- Beverly J. Hirtle, 1996.
"Derivatives, Portfolio Composition and Bank Holding Company Interest Rate Risk Exposure,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
96-43, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Beverly Hirtle, 1997. "Derivatives, Portfolio Composition, and Bank Holding Company Interest Rate Risk Exposure," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 243-266, October.
- Gregory E. Sierra & Timothy J. Yeager, 2003. "What does the Federal Reserve’s economic value model tell us about interest rate risk at U.S. community banks?," Supervisory Policy Analysis Working Papers 2003-01, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- L. Baele & R. Vander Vennet & A. Van Landschoot, 2004. "Bank Risk Strategies and Cyclical Variation in Bank Stock Returns," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/217, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Jin Park & B. Paul Choi, 2011. "Interest rate sensitivity of US property/liability insurer stock returns," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(2), pages 134-150, February.
- Allen, Linda & Jagtiani, Julapa, 2000. "The risk effects of combining banking, securities, and insurance activities," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 485-497.
- Penas, M.F. & Tumer-Alkan, G., 2008. "Bank Disclosure and Market Assessment of Financial Fragility: Evidence from Banks' Equity Prices," Discussion Paper 2008-013, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Whyte, Ann Marie, 2001. "The impact of FDICIA on bank returns and risk: Evidence from the capital markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 393-417, February.
- Michael C. Keeley & Gary C. Zimmerman, 1985. "Competition for money market deposit accounts," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr, pages 5-27.
- E. Dinenis & S. K. Staikouras, 1998. "Interest rate changes and common stock returns of financial institutions: evidence from the UK," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 113-127.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Whyte, Ann Marie, 2003. "Changes in market assessments of bank risk following the Riegle-Neal Act of 1994," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 87-102, January.
- David L. Mengle, 1990. "The case for interstate branch banking," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Nov, pages 3-17.
- Patrick McGuire & Goetz von Peter, 2009. "The US dollar shortage in global banking and the international policy response," BIS Working Papers 291, Bank for International Settlements.
- Blakespoor, Elizabeth & Linsmeier, Thomas J. & Petroni, Kathy & Shakespeare, Catherine, 2012. "Fair Value Accounting for Financial Instruments: Does It Improve the Association between Bank Leverage and Credit Risk?," Research Papers 2107, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- María Penas & Günseli Tümer-Alkan, 2010. "Bank Disclosure and Market Assessment of Financial Fragility: Evidence from Turkish Banks’ Equity Prices," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 159-178, June.
- Saha, Asish & Subramanian, V. & Basu, Sanjay & Mishra, Alok Kumar, 2009. "Networth exposure to interest rate risk: An empirical analysis of Indian commercial banks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(2), pages 581-590, March.
- Susan Ryan & Andrew C. Worthington, 2002. "Time-Varying Market, Interest Rate and Exchange Rate Risk in Australian Bank Portfolio Stock Returns: A Garch-M Approach," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 112, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.