A "Shock" of the net external assets and the Colombian Economic Cycle 1994-2001
AbstractDuring the period 1994-2001 the Colombian economy experienced on of the most intensive business cycles of the twenty century, mostly due to the depression phase. In this paper we made an assessment or a hypothetical cause of this business cycle: a positive (and transitory and unexpected) shock to the capital stock just before the booming period. Our assessment is based on a dynamic general equilibrium model of a small open economy calibrated with the Colombian data. The shock was able to impose a certain movement to the economy: first, a boom, and after, a "smooth landing". So, to explain the extent of the observed recession we need to look at other causes or propagation mechanisms not incorporated in our model
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía in its journal LECTURAS DE ECONOMÍA.
Volume (Year): (2005)
Issue (Month): 62 (Enero-Junio)
Postal: Lecturas de Economía, Departamento de Economía, Calle 67, 53-108, Medellin 050010, Colombia.
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- E10 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - General
- E13 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Neoclassical
- F20 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - General
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlos Andrés Vasco Correa).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.