Crecimiento económico y concentración original del ingreso: experiencias internacionales desde 1820
AbstractFollowing the basic hypothesis of the a new approach in the analysis of the economic development, the principal reason for the actual gap in the per capita income between developed and developing countries (former European colonies) is the original wealth concentration. In this paper we tested a hypothesis which we call “historicist”. According to this one there is a negative influence of the original wealth concentration on the posterior economic performance. We supposed an aggregate production function and (hypothetic) relations between the basic determinants of the economic growth and the income concentration in original and later moments of time. The results of panel exercises with a sample of developed and developing countries do not reject the historicist hypothesis when the income concentration is measure as the participation in the income of the richest decile of the population
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía in its journal LECTURAS DE ECONOMÍA.
Volume (Year): (2004)
Issue (Month): 60 (Enero-Junio)
Postal: Lecturas de Economía, Departamento de Economía, Calle 67, 53-108, Medellin 050010, Colombia.
Other versions of this item:
- Carlos Esteban Posada & José Fernando Escobar, . "Crecimiento Económico y Concentración Original del Ingreso: Experiencias Internacionales desde 1820," Borradores de Economia 236, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Carlos Esteban Posada & José Fernando Escobar, 2003. "Crecimiento Económico y Concentración Original del Ingreso: Experiencias Internacionales desde 1820," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002216, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- N10 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlos Andrés Vasco Correa).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.