Un análisis comparativo del impacto distributivo del impuesto inflacionario y de un impuesto sobre el consumo
AbstractThis paper compares the impact of the inflation tax paid by each “quintil” on income distribution for Argentina between 1985 and 1990 with the impact that a tax on consumption with an uniform rate would have had on the same distribution and in the same period. Results required econometric estimates of money demand and consumption functions. The comparisons were made using Gini’s coefficients, Kakwani’s indexes and Lorenz’s curves; and they show that both taxes are regressive. Nevertheless, none of them changes significantly the value of the Gini coefficient for the income distribution before taxes except for the inflation tax in high inflation rates periods.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata in its journal Económica.
Volume (Year): XLVI (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (July-December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Calle 48 No555 - La Plata (1900)
Phone: 21- 1466
Web page: http://www.depeco.econo.unlp.edu.ar/economica/ing/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mariano Tommasi & Silvana Tenreyro, 2001. "Comments on Dani Rodrik's "Why Is There So Much Economic Insecurity in Latin America?"," Working Papers, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia 28, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Mar 2001.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00588318 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Margarita Machelett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.