Additional Evidence on the Association between Director Stock Ownership and Incentive Compensation
AbstractGovernance scholars argue that outside directors have little incentive to monitor managers when their equity stake in the firm is not significant. A sample with a substantial level of outside director shareholdings is examined and a negative relationship between incentive compensation and outside director stock ownership is found. While firms pay higher incentive compensation when they have greater investment opportunities, the compensation contains excess pay due to ineffective corporate governance. Overall, the results suggest more effective corporate governance and lower incentive compensation when outside director stock ownership is higher. Copyright 2002 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Volume (Year): 19 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sugato Chakravarty & Chiraphol N. Chiyachantana & Christine Jiang, 2011.
"The Choice Of Trading Venue And Relative Price Impact Of Institutional Trading: Adrs Versus The Underlying Securities In Their Local Markets,"
1010, Purdue University, Department of Consumer Sciences.
- Sugato Chakravarty & Chiraphol N. Chiyachantana & Christine Jiang, 2011. "THE CHOICE OF TRADING VENUE AND RELATIVE PRICE IMPACT OF INSTITUTIONAL TRADING: ADRs VERSUS THE UNDERLYING SECURITIES IN THEIR LOCAL MARKETS," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 34(4), pages 537-567, December.
- Chakravarty, Sugato & Chiyachantana, Chiraphol N. & Jiang, Christine, 2004. "The Choice of Trading Venue and Relative Price Impact of Institutional Trading: ADRs versus the Underlying Securities in their Local Markets," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1172, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Sugato Chakravarty & Chiraphol N. Chiyachantana & Christine Jiang, 2012. "The Choice of Trading Venue and Relative Price Impact of Institutional Trading: ADRs versus the Underlying Securities in their Local Markets," Working Papers 1011, Purdue University, Department of Consumer Sciences.
- repec:csr:wpaper:1014 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.